Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayaking Blackwater

Options
  • 30-07-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I would like to spend a half day kayaking on the Blackwater starting somewhere in the Fermoy area but not sure where to arange a lift from when finished. If I was to start in Fermoy, how far could I expect to get in 5/6 hours heading down stream and could someone suggest a finish point where it would be easy to get the Kayak from the water to a car.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

The site below has details on runs west of Fermoy, if you email them they may be able to offer details on runs east from Fermoy.
    http://www.blackwateroutdooractivities.com/kayaking_on_river_blackwater.html

it's about 25km from Fermoy to Lismore, if you could cover that in 5/6 hours at least Lismore is a nice place to wait, the castle grounds are worth a look.

The river runs close to the road in a lot of places, not sure how easy or if possible to get out, again the lads on the site above will be able to help.

not affiliated with them just got some information off them myself a while back.

Bertie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

I'm not associated with the business in the link in the above post, but have also heard very positive things about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patmor

Its a lovely trip from Fermoy to Lismore , it will take about 6 hours approx , two hours to clondulane weir , very low at moment so carry and drop , two hours and half to ballyduff , can get out at ballyduff bridge , left handside near creamary , one hour and a half to lismore , get out on left after bridge , little river coming down , into field and see a gate with a small lane 50 m to main road opp the garage on the lismore / cappoquin road - great trip , no real excitement but fab seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mp1

Thanks for all the info

I am familiar with Fermoy, Ballyduff and lismore but where is clondulane weir ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patmor

It is about 3 miles downriver of fermoy , private fishing area - careysville house - part of the estate of the Duke of Devonshire ( of Lismore castle ) , look on google earth and you will see it , very easy at the moment to get over , just keep to the left and you will float up on top of it ,

• Advertisement
Advertisement