Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Loan

Options
  • 30-07-2011 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone

I'm about to graduate from college in August. I've been with Bank of Ireland since I was a kid. I've a credit card with them that a good 15k has gone through with no missed payments over 5 years. I've also signed a job contract with a Big 5 law firm for a 2.5 year training contract for 36k per annum. My start date is April 2013 (have to do the FE1s first!).

My question is does anyone think I have a chance of getting a 10,000 euro graduate loan based on my job contract? I have no debt at all at the moment. Also how long would I be able to postpone repayments (ideally as close as possible to starting work). Finally is it a no go because I won't have a parental guarantee?

PS money is for some travelling

Thanks!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you have no income at the moment I'd say chances are slim. The way they look at it is that you won't start working for another 2 years almost, and a lot could happen in that time. Max you can defer payments on a Grad loan is about 3 months as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 grantcg

Hi Laurten,

I have a friend who was recently in a very similar position - in fact, almost identical, and she received a loan of around seven thousand euro when she showed them her training contract.(In BOI)

So as far as I can tell you're in with a very good chance!

Advertisement