Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping Trolley

Options
  • 30-07-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a camping trolley like the one in the picture. That one is from Argos & is €27.99.
    Just wondering has anyone seen anything like it anywhere else that might be better quality or maybe cheaper. Although I guess €27.99 isn't too bad.
    I want one for Electric Picnic to carry our stuff from the carpark.

55-9278840aA75UC891567M.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

you could try here they seem to have everything ..

http://www.omearacamping.com/frontend/siteMap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Be warned, I brought a garden trolley a few years ago and the place was so muddy coming home that I had to carry the bloody thing.

The wheelbarrows seem to work fairly well though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

If your carrying drink get a decent one, THat will fall apart with a couple slabs.

http://www.huntoffice.ie/relx-warehouse-hand-trolley-sturdy-capacity-180kg-foot-size-w476xl510mm-blue-ref-ht2502-796568-484758.html

Big tires, Strong and Cheap. You'll kill yourself with tiny wheels in a field dragging more than rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

hardCopy wrote: »
    Be warned, I brought a garden trolley a few years ago and the place was so muddy coming home that I had to carry the bloody thing.

The wheelbarrows seem to work fairly well though

This will be my 3rd year going & it was muddy the last two times, so I know what to expect. Hopefully this year it won't be so bad.
    I've seen the wheelbarrows/trolleys for rent up there but I don't want the hassle of looking for them or bringing them back.

maglite wrote: »
    If your carrying drink get a decent one, THat will fall apart with a couple slabs.

http://www.huntoffice.ie/relx-warehouse-hand-trolley-sturdy-capacity-180kg-foot-size-w476xl510mm-blue-ref-ht2502-796568-484758.html

Big tires, Strong and Cheap. You'll kill yourself with tiny wheels in a field dragging more than rolling.

I've seen people dragging bags with small wheels, it is a disaster.
    The one in your link would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

My advice on getting something like this is wait, there may be rentable ones at EP which would be much more worth your while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    This will be my 3rd year going & it was muddy the last two times, so I know what to expect. Hopefully this year it won't be so bad.
    I've seen the wheelbarrows/trolleys for rent up there but I don't want the hassle of looking for them or bringing them back.

I've seen people dragging bags with small wheels, it is a disaster.
    The one in your link would be great.
    My advice on getting something like this is wait, there may be rentable ones at EP which would be much more worth your while.

I think you may have missed that part :)

It could be a 15 minute walk to find the place that's renting them. So you either have to carry your stuff when looking for them or go get one & bring it back to the car.
    When your finished with it, you have to bring it back to them as well. If you want one then again on Monday morning, it's more hassle.
    Much easier to have your own, one trip straight from the car into the camp site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 monstermic

does anyone know where I could get a camping pole replaced / fixed at very short notice i.e. tomorrow ? its for a northfave trailhead 8 tent and its the bendy gold bit ?

Advertisement