Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results Night 2011

• 30-07-2011 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Ok so It's that time of year again folks. I could'int seem to find any threads about the results night for this year so here it goes. So whats everyone doing for the night. I'll only be turning 17 so I'm underage but I'm gonna try get into Sin with someone elses ID. its unlikely I'll get in as I look around 14. So as a back-up plan, what else is going on in Dublin City Center that night that I can chance my arm with? Any Concerts even?
    And also good luck to everyone with the results :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

plosh wrote: »
    Ok so It's that time of year again folks. I could'int seem to find any threads about the results night for this year so here it goes. So whats everyone doing for the night. I'll only be turning 17 so I'm underage but I'm gonna try get into Sin with someone elses ID. its unlikely I'll get in as I look around 14. So as a back-up plan, what else is going on in Dublin City Center that night that I can chance my arm with? Any Concerts even?
    What night are the results out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

plosh wrote: »

Go home and wait until you're 18!

Or have your friends round your place. Cheaper night and better craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 plosh

How did I know haha. I wont have a Leaving Cert results night when I'm 18 do. And I can't bring friends back to my place either :/

Were looking to do something in town for the night.

And the results are the 17th I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

ptthhahahahaa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

gaff+bag of cans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

I also agree with drinking at home with friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

Ah don't be dry. Drinking at home with friends all night is minus craic. Go out and chance your arm. You might get lucky. You can go drinking with your mates in your house any night of the week. Leaving cert results night is always fairly wild so definitely go out!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 plosh

irish_man wrote: »
    Ah don't be dry. Drinking at home with friends all night is minus craic. Go out and chance your arm. You might get lucky. You can go drinking with your mates in your house any night of the week. Leaving cert results night is always fairly wild so definitely go out!!!!

I know right? and thats what I'll do >:D
    Thanks for the inspirational words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Or have your friends round your place. Cheaper night and better craic.
    No
    Griffen262 wrote: »
    ptthhahahahaa!

This

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

irish_man wrote: »

20-30 quid for a crate of bottles and a pack of smokes in a gaff with 40-50 friends is much better than a 50-60 quid nightout in Town where it's pretty much the same thing week in week out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How do you manage to spend 30 quid at a gaf and 60 on a night out? Its pretty easy to spend a lot less than that...especially at a gaf..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I'll be staying at home with my best friend, eating junk food and watching my favourite movies.

I'm such a bore but oh well. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

AdamD wrote: »
    How do you manage to spend 30 quid at a gaf and 60 on a night out? Its pretty easy to spend a lot less than that...especially at a gaf..

It's much easier to spend less than 30 quid, it can be done for 15 quid but if I'm going to a gaff on results night, I'll only go if it's going to last till about 4-5 in the morning and so I'll buy a crate of bottles + a pack of smokes, roughly 30 quid.

If the only gaff is going to end at 2-3, I might as well go town, it's easy to spend 60 quid on a night out, drink can add up to 35 quid on it's own, pack of smokes 8.50, taxi home 5 quid, bit of food after another 5 quid, entry into nightclub 8-10 quid. That's roughly 60 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Not sure if I'll be going out or not...depends on how happy/upset I am! But you might be better off doing something at home if you reckon you won't get in anywhere in town...town will be busy again anyway for Freshers Week...you won't be missing out on anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

RMD wrote: »
    20-30 quid for a crate of bottles and a pack of smokes in a gaff with 40-50 friends is much better than a 50-60 quid nightout in Town where it's pretty much the same thing week in week out.

60 quid on a night out?? just predrink! last time I was out I spent 25.. ten on drink, fiver for a taxi in and fiver for a taxi out. a fiver into the club! but I'm a girl.... so half a litre of vodka is enough for the night and I managed to get into the club half price;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I forgot about results night :o I think I'll go drinking in someones house. Or sit at home on my own crying into my ice cream watching bad movies. It all depends on my results.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

What night are they out?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

the 17th of this month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Faunge

hitting the town with all my friends and every other 6th year in the city, get langers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GregoryNimmo

I'll be in spain, with my 5 best mates, Pissed out of my head running from club to club with about 200 quid that night for drink! mwahahhahaah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Aoifums wrote: »
    I forgot about results night :o I think I'll go drinking in someones house. Or sit at home on my own crying into my ice cream watching bad movies. It all depends on my results.

This is my exact plan...:P:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

Stand in my porch and have a danger <InsertWordHere> :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Can we tone it down a wee bit, folks, we really don't need to know your personal target for alcohol consumption (or whatever) on the night!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

If I do bad, I'll be crying in my room, eating lots of cornflakes and probably tearing all my posters down in rage etc etc haha :pac:... If I'm happy with my results, there's something happening in town so that'll have me sorted for the night.

If I do bad, I'll be crying in my room, eating lots of cornflakes and probably tearing all my posters down in rage etc etc haha :pac:... If I'm happy with my results, there's something happening in town so that'll have me sorted for the night.

I only just got where In a Lime Called Rick is... :o

But... also... You won't do bad etc etc and if you do still go out, get your mind of things. Plus, cornflakes are so bleh and yucky! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I only just got where In a Lime Called Rick is... :o

But... also... You won't do bad etc etc and if you do still go out, get your mind of things. Plus, cornflakes are so bleh and yucky! :p

shadow in C&H said it was genius *proud soccy*

Me + sadness + partying = a recipe for disaster tbh.
    I'll either bring down the mood of the group or embarass everyone by drowning my sorrows in eeerr...non alcoholic beverages :P The latter has happened before.

Nah, cornflakes are epic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jawn

If you're under 18, bring proof of ID and your Leaving Cert results to the club. If they don't let you in, threaten to cry.

jawn wrote: »
    If you're under 18, bring proof of ID and your Leaving Cert results to the club. If they don't let you in, threaten to cry.

That's actually a fairly decent idea because you're not risking getting caught lying or that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jawn

I was completely joking :P

Also, if you got an A1 in maths, show them, and explain all night how they're miscounting the years on your ID.

Advertisement