Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin airport arrivals

• 30-07-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Bit of a stupid question here folks so please bear with me.

On Monday I have to collect someone from Dublin airport. They are coming from Belgium and when flying out, they flew via the new terminal 2. I'm just wondering does terminal 2 have its own arrivals or are their arrivals connected connected to the arrivals in terminal 1?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,841 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Bit of a stupid question here folks so please bear with me.

On Monday I have to collect someone from Dublin airport. They are coming from Belgium and when flying out, they flew via the new terminal 2. I'm just wondering does terminal 2 have its own arrivals or are their arrivals connected connected to the arrivals in terminal 1?

Thanks for your time.

Each terminal has it's own arrivals area.

You need to go to T2 arrivals which is on the first floor of the terminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Will I be able to park outside the arrivals area for roughly two minutes while my friend jumps in?

Would it be like departures at T1 if you understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,198 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Will I be able to park outside the arrivals area for roughly two minutes while my friend jumps in?

Would it be like departures at T1 if you understand.

You can try it but don't be shocked if you are moved on from the front of the building. They tightened up at the T1 departures area in the last couple of years, all I can is that I am thankful that I have a few mates in the DAA constabulary to "assist me" when I needed a moment or two :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Pull in away from the airport and get your friends to ring you when they have their bags - then drive up and pick them up outside.

A lot of airports in the States have an area to wait until you get the call. The DAA would never go for this though as they might lose out on a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Peadar06

If they have flown with Aer Lingus, they will come into T2, but if they are travelling with Ryanair, they will come into T1.

Peter

• Advertisement
Advertisement