Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long Wave Radio RTE

• 30-07-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi

Can you get rte 1 on long wave radio? Want to use a portable radio in car in uk.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭yiddo59

muchos04 wrote: »
    Hi

Can you get rte 1 on long wave radio? Want to use a portable radio in car in uk.

Thanks

yes you can. it's on 252khz LW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

For the past week I've been a getting a hetrodyne sound on 252 :mad: which is making it unlistenable as the best of time. So who's off channel? Irl or Algeria?

Anyone else hearing the hetrodyne?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Its not only happening in your neck of the woods - a mere 65km north of the Transmitter, the heterodyne makes it unlistenable at night. Furthermore this tone sounds to be close to 1kHz so either RTE or Algeria are operating up to a kHz off channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Checking it in SSB, RTE seem to be on channel.

I e-mailed RTE on hearus@rte.ie on tuesday as yet nothing heard. Now I'm going to mail europe@rte.ie and see what turns up. If you can tell me a contact e-mail or number I will use it directly.

It seemed a little less bad yesterday.

Come RTE get the finger out.

Maybe they are creating the hetrodyne themselves and seeing how many complain, if not too many complain they'll switch it off. :mad::(:confused:

• Advertisement

Algeria on 250 khz? can that be so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭Antenna

Algeria were on 253kHz instead of 252kHz last time I checked a few hours ago.

not the first time it has happened according to 'World of Radio'

http://www.w4uvh.net/dxld1101.txt

go down to 'Algeria' on that page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

RTE is loud and clear on 252 in the midlands ±5khz either side. No hint of Algeria. I'll try again tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Quite bad here tonight. Very had to null it out completely. I wonder if it's deliberate:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Coming in loud and clear all week throughout the Uk in my truck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

On a side note radio 4 198lw is pretty hazy this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭Antenna

Greenman wrote: »
    For the past week I've been a getting a hetrodyne sound on 252 :mad:

now fixed when I checked it last evening -there was less than 0.1 Hz between the 2 carriers (Algeria/RTE).

Antenna wrote: »
    now fixed when I checked it last evening -there was less than 0.1 Hz between the 2 carriers (Algeria/RTE).

Thanks for confirming that as it was impossible to listen to 252 here in Belgium with the thunder and lightning weather.:)

I wonder what the cause was?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lacase

I lived in Bournemouth until recently RTE 1 LW was not great. There was lots of noise and I only used to listen to the news as it got very annoying. I changed to using my itouch and wifi. Not much use in a car and costly if you were to use the App on your phone. Mind you Bournemouth is on the South coast and only 70 miles from France. So as a positive even there you could pick it up!!

Radio 4 on LW here has gone so bad it is just like RTE LW in Bournemouth. Thank God for satellite and the internet!!

Advertisement