Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Castrol Honda colours?

• 30-07-2011 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

My brother, who normally rides a shadow 1100 has seen, what looks to me, like a castrol race replica CBR. It's an early 90's 918cc on a UK plate. He has become besotted with it and was thinking about buying it. It looks much like this
    CASTROL.jpg
    Neither of us really know what it 'is'. We were under the impression that it was some kind of limited edition colour scheme but in actual fact, it's probably a standard bike with custom paint. I was hoping someone could tell me if it is a replica of an actual race bike or if there actually was a limited edition that it was made to emulate?

Either way, he's like a man on a mission and he wants to know how he can get his arse on a similar bike? Can you buy graphics kits etc or are you giving a painter a blank cheque and full artistic license?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I doubt it was a factory scheme, at that time superbikes were 750cc and the only 750cc bikes HRC were running were the RC45 like your pic.
    The 'blade was too big cc wise for superbike racing and it would have been a bit early to have a replica bike given they hadn't won anything!
    It was probably a graphics kit put out at the time or a good paint job.
    John Kocinski won the WSB in 1997 so it would have been a popular theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

Look out for Honda VTR sp1 or sp2.... the second i hit 25 im on one of these. They're more on an enthusiasts bike so they all have low mileage! should be a couple on donedeal. Also, not sure if the paint is factory on these but its a fairly common scheme!
    sr=1

Advertisement