Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG- Maths through Irish?

• 30-07-2011 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm heading into Leaving cert this year ( LC 2012 ) and I think i read somewhere that you can do Maths through Irish in NUIG? Is this true? I'd love to do that as they are 2 of my favourite subjects? Any one with any tips on it or stories about it? Is it just maths or can you do another subject as well ( doesnt have to be throuhg irish e.g Chemistry or Biology?) Thank you! =)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Btw- what i meant by the other subject part is that is the course just limited to doing maths through irish? or can you do maths through irish & chemistry or something along those lines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Well, an undenominated science course offers maths, I also know that in NUIG it offers physics and chemistry which can be done through Irish, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do maths through Irish. Asking on the NUIG forum might give you a better idea. If you do pick undenominated science, you pick 4 subjects in first year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

If you're doing a Science course which has Maths as a subject, you can choose to do Maths in either English or Irish. This applies to honours level only, it's not offered through Irish at pass level. (The timetable for last year is here.

AFAIK You can also do Chemistry and Physics through Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Ya? Wow, that was extremely helpful!!! :) Thank you guys so much1 I think i'll go for those!! It is a pity i couldnt do physics in school (timetable clashes) as I really love it but i'd say i might do those in college!!! :) Thank you so much QueenOfLeon & AD61, you have been extremely helpful (and in great time!! :L ) :D:D:D

Advertisement