Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom mail issue

Options
  • 30-07-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

We are having an issue with my mother's eircom mail account.

"Message retrieval stopped. I cannot get any more new messages because your mail quota has been reached. You have 7662kb of mail but your quota is currently set at 5120kb. Please move some messages to Trash and then Empty Trash before trying to Check Mail again."

If she logs into it from other places (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird) it says she has only 24 new messages and deleting these doesn't remove the message in the webmail on the website.

Anyone know what else we can do?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

she probably leaves a copy of message on server or doe snot delete message when mail is downloaded.

log into webmail.eircom.net ( same username and password) and clear them there starting with the largest to get some space freed urgently.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

That should do it Spongebob. I have a different problem. I can login and see what messages are there, but when i go to open them or delete or move others to folders it keeps going to the "Your session has expired. Please login again." page ..... Any ideas on whats wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Megglz wrote: »
    We are having an issue with my mother's eircom mail account.

"Message retrieval stopped. I cannot get any more new messages because your mail quota has been reached. You have 7662kb of mail but your quota is currently set at 5120kb. Please move some messages to Trash and then Empty Trash before trying to Check Mail again."

If she logs into it from other places (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird) it says she has only 24 new messages and deleting these doesn't remove the message in the webmail on the website.

Anyone know what else we can do?
    Hi Megglz
    Sponge Bob's advice should help you clear this issue and regular housekeeping should facilitate trouble free mail account. If you PM me your email address I can have your account moved onto new Webmail which allows 5GB storage space. Still a good idea to delet or save old / large files away from your mail account.
    Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Altreab wrote: »
    That should do it Spongebob. I have a different problem. I can login and see what messages are there, but when i go to open them or delete or move others to folders it keeps going to the "Your session has expired. Please login again." page ..... Any ideas on whats wrong?

Try a different browser first, looks like a caching problem or a cookie setting issue.

Advertisement