Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement shower rail kit from Aldi

Options
  • 30-07-2011 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,

anyone purchase one of these items currently on offer in Aldi:

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_17502.htm

I have a couple of questions on this:

1) What is the diameter of the shower rail (it looks like 22mm but not 100% sure)?

2) Will this work with my Mira Elite electric shower (I say electric but technically I don't think it is - it has a built-in pump and draws the water from the cold water storage tank upstairs). I can't see why it wouldn't work for this, but I'd like to know for sure. Don't know what bar the shower operates but the Aldi kit requires 2-6 bar.

I'd appreciate it if anybody can answer either or both of these questions for me - I know Aldi have a good returns policy, but I'd rather be sure than have to return an opened package.

Thanks for any info or help on this.
    druidhill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

druidhill wrote: »
    Hi,

anyone purchase one of these items currently on offer in Aldi:

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_17502.htm

I have a couple of questions on this:

1) What is the diameter of the shower rail (it looks like 22mm but not 100% sure)?

2) Will this work with my Mira Elite electric shower (I say electric but technically I don't think it is - it has a built-in pump and draws the water from the cold water storage tank upstairs). I can't see why it wouldn't work for this, but I'd like to know for sure. Don't know what bar the shower operates but the Aldi kit requires 2-6 bar.

I'd appreciate it if anybody can answer either or both of these questions for me - I know Aldi have a good returns policy, but I'd rather be sure than have to return an opened package.

Thanks for any info or help on this.
    druidhill

1, Dont know the diameter... Do really understand why your asking.

2. As to this question. it will fit the shower however it may reduce the lifespan of the shower if the opening diameter of the head is greater or less than the shower calls for,. However it is a lot cheaper.

Personally i would not use this for an elite 2. However i imagine aldi would not take it back as it has now been open. But if the reduced shower life is not a concern then knock yourself out

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ballysheil

I fitted one in our house to a triton t90i last week.
    Average build quality, simple to fit, great showers.
    Our CW tank is at a height of about 15 feet from ground level.
    As for rail diameter, about 25mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

Thanks ballysheil, that was the info I was looking for, appreciate it. druidhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

druidhill wrote: »
    Thanks ballysheil, that was the info I was looking for, appreciate it. druidhill.

Just be careful with the hose. The mira elite has a plastic coated hose for a reason. Its to stop be heating up. This is a metal hose and it will heat up a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

Just be careful with the hose. The mira elite has a plastic coated hose for a reason. Its to stop be heating up. This is a metal hose and it will heat up a lot.
    The original hose is still intact, so I might just try to re-use if I can. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement