Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste Disposal

Options
  • 30-07-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

OK, so we are all too familiar with fly tipping in various lanes in NCD.

I have a new situation, basically a local Dog Grooming Van, enters our road at about 4.30pm, opens a valve in the van and drives the length of the road, and reaching his estate, the tank is empty, of liquid.

I have no idea what's in the tank, but if he has been grooming dogs all day, I can only imagine.

The road is isolated, and popular with dog walkers ( ironic ),

today I followed the van and took some pictures of the van being emptied.

I reported this to FCC by email in March, but they were not interested.

So do I post the Pic's here...........Mod's please advise........

Contact FCC again, who are useless

or contact a newspaper, who might name and shame

any thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Contact the business owners & FCC again. I don't think that by naming & shaming in this forum is either appropriate or would get the situation resolved.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

It could just be water, it also could be more, contact the owner and ask them.Tell them your concerned.Fair play to you for caring.Cathy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Contant the EPA, ask them what the procedure for disposal of waste water is from workplaces and explain what you witnessed.

http://www.epa.ie/

They might be able to steer you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Thanks for your replies.

I sent copies of the pic's to Environment Dept. FCC, who sent me a standard reply, that they were referring my complaing to Environmental Health Dept, and to Water Pollution Dept. bla bla bla.

I reported this last March, and no action was taken then, so expect the same.

To be honest I do not want to contact the business owner, as I followed the van from Swords, it went through two red lights at M 1 Roundabout, so adhering to the law does not seem a priority.

Would rather if the Co Co, took an interest

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have a chat with your local councillor & tell them of your concerns.

• Advertisement
Advertisement