Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Modem resets every hour exactly... ideas ?

• 30-07-2011 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hey, I'm on UPC 20 meg BB and have a Cisco epc2425 modem which seems to reset at 22 min past every hour exactly.

Get internet loss on PC, Laptop and I-phone simultaneously, most time I have to restart the PC to reconnect to the internet.

Would be great if someone could shed some light as to why this occurs and how I go about fixing it.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Talk E wrote: »
    Hey, I'm on UPC 20 meg BB and have a Cisco epc2425 modem which seems to reset at 22 min past every hour exactly.

Get internet loss on PC, Laptop and I-phone simultaneously, most time I have to restart the PC to reconnect to the internet.

Would be great if someone could shed some light as to why this occurs and how I go about fixing it.

Thanks in advance :)

We have the same issues here, except it seems to happen more frequently than hourly. The BB package and routers are the same as your too, OP.

It's really annoying...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I (and others on here) had a similar issue in the past - My issue was a faulty install, I had them send out an engineer who replaced the modem and checked the install and the problem was resolved. Not exactly an answer to what the issue is, but the thread below might be of assistance.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70699687

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Mines been dong that for a long time. It comes back itself after 2 or 3 minutes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Same

Advertisement