Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Miniature Railways

• 30-07-2011 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭

The Belfast and Co. Down Miniature Railway Society operates a 7 1/4” gauge railway called "Drumawhey Junction", located at Four Road Ends on the Upper Gransha Road, midway between Bangor, Donaghadee and Newtownards in Northern Ireland.
    It was established in 1991 with the aim of building a miniature railway complete with locomotives, carriages and buildings for the pleasure of the members and the general public. http://www.bcdmrs.org.uk/

While I'm not normally a big fan of 'groin ticklers' this set-up looks well worth a visit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Do you remember the really small one in Herbert Park, Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Do you remember the really small one in Herbert Park, Dublin?

I remember one someone in Dublin as a child, never knew where though. I wonder was that it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I think this is the crowd that were in Hebert Park - their website is something similar to that of the IRRS. :D

The DUBLIN SOCIETY OF MODEL AND EXPERIMENTAL ENGINEERS exists to promote the development or the model engineering hobby by providing support and encouragement to interested people. The dublin society was founded in 1901 and is one of the oldest in the world. Our membership covers many trades professions and backgrounds. Many or our successfull modellers have not had any formal engineering training but have been encouraged and supported by fellow members to develop their interest. The range of modelling by members is very diverse, from locomotives,stationary engines, traction engines, clocks, ships to some of the machine tools which are required to make the model. Our headquarters are located in MARLAY PARK, RATHFARNHAM, DUBLIN 14. Our miniature railway caters 3.5 inch, 5 inch and 7.25 inch locos etc. We hold regular meetings during the winter. Usually meetings comprise a talk or demonstration on a suitable subject followed by an opportunity to meet fellow members. The DSMEE is organised and managed by a committee comprising directors and officers who are elected annually by the members at the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING. New members are always welcome. If you wish to contact us our email address is dsmee1901@gmail.com

http://www.dublin.ie/websites/dsmee/default.asp

Advertisement