Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tat

Options
  • 30-07-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Our history is twisted like the rope
    That hung around many a rebel throat
    Resistance and rising through the years
    We've lost good men, shed floods of tears
    Its time for England a truth to face
    They will never defeat the Celtic Race

i want to get this translated in to irish and give me an idea on wat kinda writing it would look good in...ty....and do ya think it should be put on a scroll or something ty
    [/FONT]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

waxer1986 wrote: »
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Our history is twisted like the rope[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]That hung around many a rebel throat[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Resistance and rising through the years[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]We've lost good men, shed floods of tears[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Its time for England a truth to face[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They will never defeat the Celtic Race[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]i want to get this translated in to irish and give me an idea on wat kinda writing it would look good in...ty....and do ya think it should be put on a scroll or something ty[/FONT]
    Surely someone who wants something so patriotic and deeply meaningful can speak his native tongue and not need someone else to translate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

Surely someone who wants something so patriotic and deeply meaningful can speak his native tongue and not need someone else to translate it?

well would love to be able to speak it but i wasent very good in school and not very patriotic back then bescauce i dident have a clue about our history till i was older...suppose i would speak it if england dident nearly kill it off so who s fault is that...nice 1 for ur help anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

You could always go and learn it now since you are so "patriotic"

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

Melion wrote: »
    You could always go and learn it now since you are so "patriotic"

cos im to ****in lazy ...whats the story with this site ya ask for help witch this site is all about and all ya get is dopes bein smart

This forum is not "all about" getting help.

If you want to get it put on your body for life then a few minutes research isnt going to bother you too much, surely you arent that "****in lazy". You must know someone in your life who speaks irish, a teacher from school possibly?

• Advertisement

This forum is not "all about" getting help.

If you want to get it put on your body for life then a few minutes research isnt going to bother you too much, surely you arent that "****in lazy". You must know someone in your life who speaks irish, a teacher from school possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

also, irish people - not celts. its true, look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

waxer1986 wrote: »
    well would love to be able to speak it but i wasent very good in school and not very patriotic back then bescauce i dident have a clue about our history till i was older...suppose i would speak it if england dident nearly kill it off so who s fault is that...nice 1 for ur help anyway
    Well it's not killed off, it's thought in the school system and spoken fluently in parts of Ireland hell I've seen yanks and chinese people speaking it so I would say it's your fault for not speaking it.

Advertisement