Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present idea for hubbys 30th

Options
  • 30-07-2011 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm racking my brains to get my hubby something nice for his 30th.
    I dont like the idea of a surprise party, his extended family dont always turn up for functions and I'd much prefer to spend the 2 or 300 quid on something else. Some ideas I've had:

Hire a luxury sports car for the weekend, think this can only be done in England
    Drive a luxury car in UK, like Lambourgini (sp) but they have weight restrictions and would probably end up costing a fortune between flights, spending money etc
    An auld reliable trip to Anfield, I could go with, double the expense, or see if any of the lads would go
    A trip to Real Madrid, or Barcelona, ditto above, I could go, or see if lads would go
    A family sun holiday for me, him and the baby, to Spain or somewhere else for a week
    A weekend away to Europe or splash out to NYC or LV

thanks, it's in Sept, so I really need to get my finger out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

garswife wrote: »
    I'm racking my brains to get my hubby something nice for his 30th.
    I dont like the idea of a surprise party, his extended family dont always turn up for functions and I'd much prefer to spend the 2 or 300 quid on something else. Some ideas I've had:

Hire a luxury sports car for the weekend, think this can only be done in England
    Drive a luxury car in UK, like Lambourgini (sp) but they have weight restrictions and would probably end up costing a fortune between flights, spending money etc
    An auld reliable trip to Anfield, I could go with, double the expense, or see if any of the lads would go
    A trip to Real Madrid, or Barcelona, ditto above, I could go, or see if lads would go
    A family sun holiday for me, him and the baby, to Spain or somewhere else for a week
    A weekend away to Europe or splash out to NYC or LV

thanks, it's in Sept, so I really need to get my finger out.

I agree with you, not everyone fancies the idea of a big surprise party. As he's a football fan, I don't think you can go far wrong with the Anfield trip. Fair play to you for suggesting one of his pals could go with him, I'm sure he'd appreciate having a likeminded fan with him for the trip. You could always splash out on a hotel just for you and him as well after his trip, there's great deals out there at the moment.

The New York trip sounds class but I'd say that it would cost you an arm and a leg. Your other idea (because you have a small baby to think of) of the family sun holiday is very good to.

Best thing to do in my view, is run these ideas by his best pal and get him to discretely suss out your husband, that way you can't go wrong.

I have a significant birthday coming up later this year, and I'm dropping lots of not so subtle hints to my pal so that he can tell my wife and she can feel that she surprised me!

This isn't much help really but I think it'll work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 wingnutbond007

Hi garswife. Try www.heritagesportscars.com near Adare in Co. Limerick. They have several classic sports cars to rent for a day or weekend at very reasonable prices - so you don't need to head to UK. We've used them twice now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 garswife

thanks I'll have a look into the heritage site.
    I seen a rally ireland place where you can drive and rally a ferarri???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 wingnutbond007

rally a ferrari?? wow. never seen that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Racing school in Mondello Park

He'll get a photo and I think you can get a video so he can remember the day he drove like Schumacher

• Advertisement
Advertisement