Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who or what is this user?

Options
  • 30-07-2011 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

User = Boards.ie (Automated Notification)

386 posts but they don't appear in a search.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a system controlled account used for tracking posts of the day. If you see a post of the day it'll always be thanked by the boards.ie account. It may have other functions that are less public than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

This is an automated bot, posting only on an Admin forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Spear wrote: »
    It's a system controlled account used for tracking posts of the day. If you see a post of the day it'll always be thanked by the boards.ie account. It may have other functions that are less public than that.
    That's where I do see it, always Thanking post of the day and I was just curious as to what it was.

Thanks guys.

Actually I've another question, when I delete a post that I've submitted there's a box asking for a reason, does my post (that I want to delete) have to be approved for deletion?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Actually I've another question, when I delete a post that I've submitted there's a box asking for a reason, does my post (that I want to delete) have to be approved for deletion?
    No. It's just for your records and ours. When mods delete things, we always type stuff in there to tell the other mods what's going on. Users usually tell us why, but some just put in a full stop. It's not a requirement at all to delete the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Ok, you can change this to resolved now.

Thanks again Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Happy to oblige!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement