Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park n' Ride? Try Pay n' Pee!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Christ you would swear people were spending money somewhere ran by a bunch of terrorists with the over the top descriptions.
    And for the record i use the toilet in my house and therefore dont need to avail of their extra facilities :D.

UK wages are also a hell of a lot less than those in this country.
    Oh come on now, I'm not the one overacting. I'm just saying I've set a standard and this place doesn't meet it. You can think what you like but I'm not spending money in a place that will make me pay for a piss, a bush in a field won't charge me to take a piss and these places are no better than a bush in a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ScumLord wrote: »
    Oh come on now, I'm not the one overacting. I'm just saying I've set a standard and this place doesn't meet it. You can think what you like but I'm not spending money in a place that will make me pay for a piss, a bush in a field won't charge me to take a piss and these places are no better than a bush in a field.
    As far as i know it would be considered lewd behaviour to pee in a bush? Shopping centres=bushs in a field, again with the dramatic descriptions. I just dont understand how people can get so worked up over a copper.

As far as i know it would be considered lewd behaviour to pee in a bush? Shopping centres=bushs in a field, again with the dramatic descriptions. I just dont understand how people can get so worked up over a copper.
    It's not considered lewd unless you do it in front of someone. It's the wild, animals are allowed to pee there.

I'm not worked up, the decision is simple for me they don't provide the minimum standards I expect so I don't shop there.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Its 20cent ffs, get over it!

Its 20cent ffs, get over it!
    No, I have to go out of my way and pass other shopping centres to get to that one and then pay for parking. I won't do that, there's enough competition that I can be picky.

Like I said if ye're happy paying for the basic necessities off with ye, I'm not giving them my money and it's as simple as that.

• Advertisement

Walked by the Eyre Square Centre at 10 am and then back again at 11am, queue both times at the toilets, their paying off anyway ;)

edit:double post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

it's 20c stop whinging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

The Discussion isn't about getting over the actual cost whether it's 2cent or 20cent, it's about exchanging ANY amount of money in order to pee which isn't very customer-oriented.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Wrong loo Cosmic! ;)

The loo yer on about it is fair to expect to pay for that one, I'd class that as an extra facility, it's more understandable to have to pay for that one. The one in the Eyre Square ~Shopping~ Centre, not so fair.

Ah... *facepalm*

Apologies, didn't read the original post properly. Yeah, paying for those ones always annoyed me, but they're right next to an exit, so I suppose it helps keep foot traffic down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

ScumLord wrote: »
    No, I have to go out of my way and pass other shopping centres to get to that one and then pay for parking. I won't do that, there's enough competition that I can be picky.

Like I said if ye're happy paying for the basic necessities off with ye, I'm not giving them my money and it's as simple as that.
    Then do that. If you have to pee in town, 20c aint such an expense to start a rant, when for that 20c you get a convenient clean toilet.

I think its a bit petty tbh, imagion yourself having this rant with someone you actually know! :eek: How embarassing.
    The Discussion isn't about getting over the actual cost whether it's 2cent or 20cent, it's about exchanging ANY amount of money in order to pee which isn't very customer-oriented.
    2 cent would be worse.... in a funny kinda way.
    I think if you need to pee, pay up. Its not exactly going to break the bank. Ive been in Galway 6 years, and I think ive used that toilet twice.

Finally, heres a tip. Pee before you go into town, didnt your mammy teach ya anything? :D

Scumlord I hope you never plan on visiting Amsterdam.

There are workers in 90% of pubs/take aways sitting at a table charging 50c to use the toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Solair-I live in Galway but am from Finglas in Dublin. Charlestown Shopping Centre in Finglas has the cleanest,most well looked after toilets I've ever been in,well in a shopping centre. They are up there with fancy hotel toilets. And they are free. Plus,people eating in the Eyre Square centre,surely if they buy food in the cafe or Burgerking then they ought to be entitled to the use of a toilet? They absolutely should not have to pay.Oops, just saw the restaurant argument.can't see though how a ticket from restaurants would work though as there's no ticket collector at the turnstile.It's only 20c but still, surely they get enough money to allow people a free pee.One hand drier is still broken and there was no paper in 2 toilets on Tuesday-not such a top service.And yes-I did bring it to the attention of the management.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alimegs

if it means using a toilet that is regularly cleaned I will gladly pay 20c to use it.... some toilets in pubs are shocking

Advertisement