Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox connection disconecting

Options
  • 30-07-2011 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

hey,

so okay i know your thinking this has nothing to do with eircom but it does because its not the actual xbox live its like the connection drops for a second because i can always reconnect straight away! i went to my eircom router config page and changed my ReAuthentication Timer to 9999 (max) this lets me now play for that long before timing out again! so as this helps it only delays the inevitable! so im wondering do you guys know of anything i can do to permanently fix this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

well what you can do is hard wire if possible to get the best pings. Or a perm wireless fix is to change the encryption to WEP ( which can be cracked if you have the standard SSID so change that ) as opposed to WPA PSK and you should be good to go.

So change the encryption to WEP and change the SSID (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Huw

Great, thanks for the help, this iv very helpfull! This isn't directed at you but its really annoying that you have to change your security to an older and worse form of security for something as simple as keeping the xbox constantly connected to the internet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

Yes but it's the only way :-/ Unless you hard wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Huw wrote: »
    Great, thanks for the help, this iv very helpfull! This isn't directed at you but its really annoying that you have to change your security to an older and worse form of security for something as simple as keeping the xbox constantly connected to the internet!

Hi Huw

these links may help also, there are quite a few here... The advice Given by OMG It'sEoinD will certainly work and please post if any further queries.
    Tony

Thanks for the reply tony, its great that you have this little community going and eircom are putting effort and helping there customers

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply tony, its great that you have this little community going and eircom are putting effort and helping there customers

Hi Huw
    thanks. Yea works pretty well for customers and posters who would rather not telephone call centres. Posters like OMG It's Eoin, Poisenedstream and others with good technical knowledge can often provide solutions that we may not be aware of, or may be outside our experiences.
    One way forward for customer services.. I hope:D
    Tony

hey, i have another mini side question which i didn't think was worth making another thread about so here it is: if i want to upgrade my package with eircom but am on a contract is this possible? its not a huge deal as im only thinking of changing but was wondering! :) Huw

hey, i have another mini side question which i didn't think was worth making another thread about so here it is: if i want to upgrade my package with eircom but am on a contract is this possible? its not a huge deal as im only thinking of changing but was wondering! :) Huw

Hi Huw
    yes you can certainly upgrade your package, if you enter your number into here you can see what packages you line can deliver. If I can be of any help in this just let me know.
    Tony

cool thanks again tony, it could take me a while to get to it but if i do have a problem i know where im coming first :)

Advertisement