Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech and language therapy UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lindadaly6

I just got my acceptance letter in the door. I haven't been on this in a few days so had no idea offers were out 😂 congratulations everyone! We'll have to set up a Facebook group

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadoneill

LaylaDeee wrote: »
    Exact same for me still! Awful not knowing :/

Have you tried ringing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 badge1004

lindadaly6 wrote: »
    I just got my acceptance letter in the door. I haven't been on this in a few days so had no idea offers were out 😂 congratulations everyone! We'll have to set up a Facebook group

I agree, it'd be handier than checking this every few hours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mash89

Got the letter as well. Gosh, the fees have gone up quite a bit, haven't they?

Hope everyone else has either accessed the platform or got the letters.

Waiting is tough.

mash89 wrote: »
    Got the letter as well. Gosh, the fees have gone up quite a bit, haven't they?

Hope everyone else has either accessed the platform or got the letters.

Waiting is tough.

How much are fees for the year?

• Advertisement

It said €8000 in the info I've been sent.

Wow that’s a big jump. It was €6,000 last year wasn’t it?

Wow that’s a big jump. It was €6,000 last year wasn’t it?

Yeah, that's what I saw anyways for last year. Very big difference!

Fingers crossed it won't go up again for '19/20...:-/

Yeah, that's what I saw anyways for last year. Very big difference!

Fingers crossed it won't go up again for '19/20...:-/

Ya I thought the jump was ridiculous as well, but if you have a look at the page with the list of fees on it, it says the second year of the course will cost around €6240. So altogether, just over €14,000. Think that's what it was last year as well?

If it's that for us this year I'd say it will be 8,000 or more next year tbh. I don't know for sure obviously, but it would make no sense if it went up a couple of hundred Euro for those who will be 2nd years in 19/20 that it wouldnt be same for us. I mean 8k or more

Does anyone have 2 different starting dates in the info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Wooly Sheep

Hi congrats to all. Seem to be having difficulty logging into the portal would anyone be able to send a link to me please? Tia

Hi congrats to all. Seem to be having difficulty logging into the portal would anyone be able to send a link to me please? Tia
    http://www.si.ul.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fuzzyduck00

Are ye putting all the forms into the brown envelope provided? There seems to be two separate addresses given but I think I'll just put everything into that one envelope?! What did everyone else do?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BellaJ14

Are ye putting all the forms into the brown envelope provided? There seems to be two separate addresses given but I think I'll just put everything into that one envelope?! What did everyone else do?

I did two separate envelopes. One is for the vetting office and the says to send to Graduate school so that's what I did. Haven't sent off my vetting yet.

BellaJ14 wrote: »
    I did two separate envelopes. One is for the vetting office and the says to send to Graduate school so that's what I did. Haven't sent off my vetting yet.

But then it says on the checklist it says "please ensure you have the following original documents in the addressed envelope to be returned to (gives the address)" and the vetting form is on that checklist?! Might just send them all in the one because its giving two different addresses? Hard to know!!!

But then it says on the checklist it says "please ensure you have the following original documents in the addressed envelope to be returned to (gives the address)" and the vetting form is on that checklist?! Might just send them all in the one because its giving two different addresses? Hard to know!!!

Yep but for the acceptance fee there's a separate address on that sheet? I think either way they'll get it! :-)

Ah ya hopefully I'm sure I'll be informed if there's any hassle anyway

Ah ya hopefully I'm sure I'll be informed if there's any hassle anyway

It's all so exciting. :-D We should set up a cohort Facebook page too soon!

It's all so exciting. :-D We should set up a cohort Facebook page too soon!

We definitely should set up a Facebook it would make much more sense in fairness!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rice94

Hey guys! Is anyone on this applying to the OT program? I’m still waiting to here back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 MissyEvi

rice94 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Is anyone on this applying to the OT program? I’m still waiting to here back!

I got my letter Monday for OT

MissyEvi wrote: »

Ahh okay thanks for letting me know! I live in Florida so I’m assuming it’ll take a while !

Anyone started looking at accommodation in Limerick yet? Or is it too early?

MissyEvi wrote: »

Did your status change on the portal?

Anyone started looking at accommodation in Limerick yet? Or is it too early?

I have started looking just through the website but nothing booked.. what are people thinking??

Hi all, there's a Facebook cohort page for the speech and Language therapy class of 2020 for people to join. :-)

Hi all, there's a Facebook cohort page for the speech and Language therapy class of 2020 for people to join. :-)
    Joined there 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wex94

Just joined too ☺️

Woohoo I just found out I got into the OT program ! Has anyone set up a Facebook page yet?

• Advertisement

Woohoo I just found out I got into the OT program ! Has anyone set up a Facebook page yet?

Congratulations!!!

Advertisement