Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech and language therapy UL

1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 0T

Samson and Pink, I reckon they must just be emailing candidates in a random order and only some offers were sent today - as you both scored higher than me

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SAMSON111

Thanks guys, I hope that is the case however I did actually get a rejection email saying I wasn’t offered the place 1st round, so would be strange for them to revoke that? Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 UL2021

Hi guys, I applied for both SLT and OT, got rejected from SLT today but haven’t gotten any email about OT yet so keeping my fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 UL2021

Just received an email about OT and was told I couldn’t be offered a place due to a high level of competition. Best of luck to everyone who got accepted this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ccc2021

I still haven't heard anything back about SLT..I've emailed to check because I didn't even get a rejection. No reply yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 pink12321

I forgot to update but I got accepted!

Hi, just out of interest, did anyone get a first offer that got lower than 161? For SLT

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ERSLT21

Hey everyone,
    I have accepted my place for SLT starting August 2021, just wondering if anyone has set up a group yet and if not should I go ahead and make one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SLUL123

Hi!

I've also been accepted in Speech and Language at UL starting this September. Has anyone sorted accommodation yet? Also just wondering if a Whatsapp or Facebook group has been set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pink12321

Hi guys- if anyone is looking to fill a room near campus in September please let me know! Preferably a double but anything will do at this stage 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

Hi

To those in the SLT course, how is it going? A few questions:

1. what are the hours like? Reason I ask is because I have a child and would ideally stay in Cork and commute up. Would that be possible;
    2. any suggestion of moving to more remote learning, even a hybrid model?;
    3. are the job prospects good?; and
    4. for those who are now in UL, did you have SLT experience? Shadowing etc?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SLT2021

Hi guys, I got a place in the SLT course just this week so everything is happening very last second! I still haven’t received my welcome pack or the timetable and I was hoping someone could help me out and tell me where I need to be Monday morning😅

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

@

how come you only got your place last week? Do they give out places that late? That doesn’t give you much time to leave a job if you had one.

just trying to work it out as seriously contemplating applying for next year and trying to juggle it all between work this coming f year and family.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pinkandyellow

What type of essay titles come up? Or how do I find out what type of titles come up?

Hey all, I am a long way into the course now and I have some advice. Don't do it. A tonne of people failing and the majority of staff do not care about students mental health. No one can accept the feedback from students and so much finger pointing goes on. OT seems like a much better run course, and from talking to the students, they seem happy and in the know about placements etc much before we are notified. Unless you're hellbent on getting it done in the 2 years, I would opt for the undergrad. It feels very rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 elenaosu

Could you elaborate a bit on the problems you guys have been facing? I finish my undergrad in 2025 and have been planning to do UL's SLT course after. To be honest, my undergrad has been a shitshow (we've lost almost half our cohort over the last three years) so I think I could stomach another two years of that, as long as it isn't too extreme. Do you guys feel like you're all prepared to go into SLT work after?

Advertisement