Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking hotel via agent issue

Options
  • 30-07-2011 11:57pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    Having a slight problem with a hotel and looking for some clarification.

Booked a hotel in dublin through Hotels.com. Hotel didn't get booking, and so gave us a poorer room but offered a discount on our room.

However as we fully paid via Hotels.com, the hotel say they can't refund us and are asking we speak with Hotels.com to get our part refund.

I'm hesitant, as the hotel will still get paid at the end of the day and I think Hotels.com will say its not their problem.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You paid hotels.com. Your contract is with hotels.com.

You didn't pay the hotel directly, so they are correct in saying that you need to go back to hotels.com to look for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

the same thing happened to me, when I booked via expedia.

I showed the manager my booking confirmation and the bank statement showing the transaction, on my smartphone. It was sorted after a few phone calls and they were both very apologetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Hotels.com is your problem here OP

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This one is pretty clear - your contract was with Hotels.com.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thanks all. Spoke with them today, very helpful and confirmed as long as hotel gives the all clear they will issue the refund.

As it stands the stay went from bad to worse so the management apologized and will sort it all out on Tuesday for me. Fingers crossed anyway.

Thanks for the help, just wasn't 100% sure with these agencies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement