Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't reset PSN password & question about PSP firmware

• 31-07-2011 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I just turned on my PSP for the first time since the first Grand Theft Auto game was released in 2005! I heard that I'm entitled to a couple of free PSP games from the Playstation store because of the website hacking. For the past month any time I tried to reset my long forgotten password I got the message that the site is under maintenance and to try again later. Am I using the wrong website or something? http://ie.playstation.com/psn/store/ I'm a casual 360 player so I know nothing about the online world of playstation.

Btw the firmware on the psp is version 2.something, is there any reason not to update to the very latest firmware, such as emulation etc? Would I even get €50 for the PSP at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

the free games with the "welcome back" program ended a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks, Varik. I tried to reset my password shortly after it was announced but I've got the same down for maintenance error every time I tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nephew wrote: »
    Thanks, Varik. I tried to reset my password shortly after it was announced but I've got the same down for maintenance error every time I tried.

There was security problems with the site and you needed to change your password from the PSP itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I guess I can't really complain when it's nearly six years since I charged the psp.

Advertisement