Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MENOPUR SUCCESS???

Options
  • 31-07-2011 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi just got my period :mad:, have been trying for baby for 13 months after tests my fertility is just 5.56 n the low fertility range so was put on menopur last month had scans and all looked good had IUI ( uncomfortable) and was all hyped up but period arrived today :( so disappointed. so just want to know other peoples stories that's on menopur. also thought i was going to be straight forward cos i'm only 30 and so is hubbie fit and healthy non smokers and social drinkers. just need to hear others stories to keep me going

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

*Hugs*

There's lots of us on the trying to conceive thread, come over and join us:) They're a friendly bunch, you can talk about everything and be guaranteed that someone will have advice, or have gone through similar themselves.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

ballybabe wrote: »
    Hi just got my period :mad:, have been trying for baby for 13 months after tests my fertility is just 5.56 n the low fertility range so was put on menopur last month had scans and all looked good had IUI ( uncomfortable) and was all hyped up but period arrived today :( so disappointed. so just want to know other peoples stories that's on menopur. also thought i was going to be straight forward cos i'm only 30 and so is hubbie fit and healthy non smokers and social drinkers. just need to hear others stories to keep me going

Hi Ballybabe, While im not doing IUI, I am doing the step before it -Ovulation Induction with scans, clomid and trigger shots - the only difference is the meds and the fact that they send us home to 'inject the sperm' ourselves ;). I am on 2 outta 3 tries - the first one last month overstimulated and I got 3 follicles so it was cancelled. This month they reduced the clomid and I'm now on the two week wait.

We are unexplained - all our tests were fine, and have been trying 2 years, so I feel your (period) pain every month. We are on cycle 28 and its really hard to keep the spirits up, so I second what Lucyfur suggested - come over to the chat thread and meet the rest of us. Its so good to have that space to vent/get upset/ get hopeful/get hopes dashed, I dont know what I would have done without it.

Advertisement