Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alex Reid v SomeoneOrOther Barrett ONLY ON PPV!!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Deemaxxi

So where can i watch it tonight for free then...???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Deemaxxi wrote: »

You really wanna pay that much????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Deemaxxi

I think he fought well against Tom Watson!

So got to be worth a look :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

jaysus, its been cringe worthy so far - i think Mr Ferguson could teach these lads a lesson in how to put on a proper show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Deemaxxi wrote: »

Link
    jaysus, its been cringe worthy so far - i think Mr Ferguson could teach these lads a lesson in how to put on a proper show

+1

That was just fcukin atrocious, it was bad enough seeing them scrap ( set up or not) in the street but for them clowns to actually broadcast it on the ppv makes no sense.

Everyone who was gonna buy this trash has already bought it.

Sooner idiot promotions like this go under the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

True that, some really bad stuff so far !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

shouldn't be called mma - its a wrestling formula, doesn't do anything for the sport

Was that a real fight??? Looked like a sparring session with subs..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Oh jaysus what did I just watch?!

What the f@ck?!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 damox1

what a joke!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meerkatmark

so fixed.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What happened?

What epic moment of MMA history did I miss?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    What happened?

What epic moment of MMA history did I miss?

Whatever it was you were doin i'd bet it was 10 times more interestin than that crap i watched.

Seemed all staged to me, after all the trouble that went on between the 2 Reid was given a Rolex for his easy first round win, he then gave it away to Barrett.

The whole show was cringeworthy, the idiots even played the fight (staged???) from outside the restaurant, great advertisement for mma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

is up any where to download?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Jesus UCMMA just threw itself back 5years. A decent promotion with some very good fighters. DOD is the biggest joke in the sport. This lad is supposed to be a professional. He once had an organisation in which Anderson Silva, Semtex and Babalu fought in to name just a few. Now he's reduced to this ****e for a quick shilling. Much and all as he is a dickhead, he did a lot for the sport in the UK but now he seems intent on undoing all his good work. And another thing his programme on sky sports in ****ing car crash tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meerkatmark

Xlami wrote: »
    Jesus UCMMA just threw itself back 5years. A decent promotion with some very good fighters. DOD is the biggest joke in the sport. This lad is supposed to be a professional. He once had an organisation in which Anderson Silva, Semtex and Babalu fought in to name just a few. Now he's reduced to this ****e for a quick shilling. Much and all as he is a dickhead, he did a lot for the sport in the UK but now he seems intent on undoing all his good work. And another thing his programme on sky sports in ****ing car crash tv.

Agreed, a proper cockney wide boy whos "givin it large" on his cage fighter tv show, proper cringe that is

I think we see far too much of him in the shows, i don't want to know who the promoter is, i don't need to know who the promoter is, just show me the fights and entertain me, promote the show and the fighters not yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I saw the "match" on Dailymotion. God what joke that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jitz

This whole saga was one of the worst things I have seen in MMA yet, really hope it does not become the norm. Here is the link for those interested:rolleyes:...

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/alex-reid-vs-jason-barrett-full-fight-video/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

That was definitely fixed. Barrett let him take him down and didn't try to defend those take downs at all.

I feel sorry for people who actually paid for that event.

• Advertisement

Just saw this
    Ive been involved in combat sports for nearly 15 years and have no doubt in my mind that was a staged performance tonight

CageRageDave Dave O'Donnell
    @TomKongWatson also @Badass_Barrett was injured but still dint let me down any1 who has trained @Only1AlexReid nos don't get in his gaurd

TomKongWatson Tom Kong Watson
    @CageRageDave Dave we known each other a long time but that was a ****ing disgrace last night. Say what u want but I know what I witnessed
    1 hour ago

@TomKongWatson it's funny I just ad pm that I paid dean Amasinger to take a dive n stay down because luke sold 10 VIP tables. It's always me

TomKongWatson Tom Kong Watson

Good script @Badass_Barrett comes in Reid covers up, punch arms few times, clinch throw a fake knee. Ive seen both fight before, ****in joke

@TomKongWatson hope al this anit cos I didn't get u hotel room @Only1AlexReid pulled his shoulder out on Monday but still fought @CageRageuk
    2 hours ago

Dave O Donnell is a s***bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Anyone got a working link to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I want to know the PPV figures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Anyone got a working link to this?

+1

Pretty Please :D

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I want to know the PPV figures!

I'm almost sure they said during the fight, it sold more than Amir Khan's last fight on Primetime :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Funny tweet from BAMMA:
    BAMMAUK BAMMA

After seeing a few comments directed at us, we want to confirm that the Alex Reid "fight" last night had nothing to do with BAMMA. Please RT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Total farce, fake punches with no power and if this was not a pretend fight then I can eat my own head.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

cowzerp wrote: »
    Total farce, fake punches with no power and if this was not a pretend fight then I can eat my own head.

+1

it was a complete joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sorry lads but this is more marketing genius from Dave O'D!

Think about it! The fight was put forward.... you didn't wanna see it! Barrett started messing.... you didn't wanna see it!

Alex Reid did his WWE thing... you didnt wanna see it. Barrett attacked Reid in he street.... you STILL didn't wanna see it!

But now that the fight has been called fixed......... people wanna see it! I had no interest but now i'm dying to see the fight! GENIUS!!!!

I hit my wife harder than they hit each other :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Sorry lads but this is more marketing genius from Dave O'D!

Think about it! The fight was put forward.... you didn't wanna see it! Barrett started messing.... you didn't wanna see it!

Alex Reid did his WWE thing... you didnt wanna see it. Barrett attacked Reid in he street.... you STILL didn't wanna see it!

But now that the fight has been called fixed......... people wanna see it! I had no interest but now i'm dying to see the fight! GENIUS!!!!

You or anyone wont pay for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    You or anyone wont pay for it though.

I wish you'd told me that before I paid for the repeat on Primetime :(

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Have you seen the head on ya tonight?.

Dave O Donnell is a disgrace to MMA and his history shows it.

This is a guy who was part of the creation of the worst rule in MMA: the open guard rule, which was: The "Open Guard" rule
    Cage Rage was the home of a unique rule in the world of cage-based MMA; the "open guard" rule. Designed to prevent stalling on the ground, it allowed a standing fighter to use strikes on a downed opponent that would otherwise be fouls.
    If a downed fighter was at least a meter away from the cage, on his back and able to avoid or defend against attacks, the referee would raise his arm and call "open guard". Once an open guard was called, the standing fighter could use the following attacks on their opponent:
    stomps,
    kicks or knees to the head, or
    flying attacks.
    Unless an open guard has been called, these strikes were fouls.
    This rule was introduced at Cage Rage 13 and was designed to prevent a fighter from laying in an open guard where his opponent can only throw leg kicks or drop to initiate grappling.

He is also a guy who fúcked over Michael Bisping and stripped him of his Cage Rage belt for no reason, other than Wolfslair had a good relationship with a rival promotion.

He then puts on a farce that is Alex Reid / Jason Barrett. The guy is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

That was the best advert for boxing ever.

I seen less choreograpghed move on Strictly Come Dancing. And this **** is PPV. Mugs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvTnVcbSxIs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg7_gYZuRE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMoc96V5O98

I havent watched the "fight" and dont intend to but I heard it was just as fake as those three videos. Genuinely cringeworthy and embarrassing. :o

BAMMA Twitter on Sunday
    @FRANKTRIGG @jimh31 @danhardymma he(Reid) retired to pursue an acting career, which I believe started last nigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

how does anything about alex ried and mma get to 6 pages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you change the default posts per page to 40, we're only barely on the 3rd page.
    doesn't seam as bad that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Really want to see this now and it seems all the links have been taken down.

• Advertisement

I can't believe some fans actually think that was legit. One guy even messaged me on FB saying Reid is a top class fighter and I shouldn't criticize them. 9-9 is top level? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭kc87

lads for anyone interested in watching that farce of a fight ucmma is on sky sports 3 at the moment.

kc87 wrote: »
    lads for anyone interested in watching that farce of a fight ucmma is on sky sports 3 at the moment.

I heard they didn't show the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I heard they didn't show the fight.

i hope they did i sky plussed it. could do with a laugh

I know England is regulated differently to the US and doesn't have athletic comissions. But does anyone know if their is a body who can investigate and punish UCMMA over this fixed fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Xlami wrote: »
    I know England is regulated differently to the US and doesn't have athletic comissions. But does anyone know if their is a body who can investigate and punish UCMMA over this fixed fight?
    If there was gambling on it then there might be a case for legal action, but otherwise I don't think so as its not an official fight in any capacity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Can't believe how much I actually want to see the fight now. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Meh, didn't think it was as bad as some people are making out.

Advertisement