Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My true story...journey into hell

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,829 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Kxiii wrote: »
    That's a sh1t trick I once saw David Copperfield make the statue of Liberty disappear now that was a great trick.

All I can see in the ops photos is a damp plaster bulge shaped like cock and balls. No ghosts though.

The rest of him disappeared it seems.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

By all means give your opinions to the op. But don't do so in a way that is meant to insult or belittle the op, who is posting here in good faith for helpful insight. If you cannot be helpful, simply do not post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I hope it is not insulting or belittling the OP to suggest that seeing things that are clearly not there may suggest they need professional help with their mental health. I mean that in earnest, and not as a dig or joke.

The experience described sounds alarmingly like a psychotic episode.
    Hallucinations

A hallucination is defined as sensory perception in the absence of external stimuli. Hallucinations are different from illusions, or perceptual distortions, which are the misperception of external stimuli.[2] Hallucinations may occur in any of the five senses and take on almost any form, which may include simple sensations (such as lights, colors, tastes, and smells) to more meaningful experiences such as seeing and interacting with fully formed animals and people, hearing voices, and having complex tactile sensations.
    Auditory hallucinations, particularly experiences of hearing voices, are a common and often prominent feature of psychosis. Hallucinated voices may talk about, or to, the person, and may involve several speakers with distinct personas. Auditory hallucinations tend to be particularly distressing when they are derogatory, commanding or preoccupying. However, the experience of hearing voices need not always be a negative one. One research study has shown that the majority of people who hear voices are not in need of psychiatric help.[3] The Hearing Voices Movement has subsequently been created to support voice hearers, regardless of whether they are considered to have a mental illness or not.

Delusions

Psychosis may involve delusional beliefs, some of which are paranoid in nature. Karl Jaspers has classified psychotic delusions into primary and secondary types. Primary delusions are defined as arising suddenly and not being comprehensible in terms of normal mental processes, whereas secondary delusions may be understood as being influenced by the person's background or current situation (e.g., ethnic or sexual orientation, religious beliefs, superstitious belief).[4]

It is a breach of the forum charter to suggest that a poster has a mental illness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

This is what I hate about the paranormal forum,all the riducule over what a poster belives is genuine,is it that hard to simply say "no I cant see anything there".

So to go with my own statement OP I can see shapes but I agree with one of the posters that its probably ceiling damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

I, personally, wasn't ridiculing the OP.

I, personally, saw a penis.

One of the problems that serious, serious believers in paranormal events have is the inability to see humour in things and COME ON, you post a picture shaped like a tadger and expect no one to draw attention to it, regardless of what it became or manifested to you as yourself? If the pictures that followed had been actual clear and unmistakable images of spirits or whatever he claimed, I'd be jealous of his proof of supernatural events...but still giggling that they came from a penis shaped anomaly. It's not high-brow, but some of us aren't blessed with Wildean humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

So to go with my own statement OP I can see shapes but I agree with one of the posters that its probably ceiling damage.
    It's the narrative built around the 'pictures' that I struggle with more, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

I wish I knew how too, or I would. Here is another taken on the property, can you notice the two hooded figures peering behind the fence, they look identical?

I can actually see a clear laughing or smiling face on the right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

The greatest trick religion ever played was making people believe that he does.

What do you mean "religion". There is more than 1 religion you know. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.

What religion does it call people "people" and not some wild animal that by wild chance became what "it" is, and giving value to things such as love, happiness and anger, not making them mere malfunctions of the brain. It also calls people such as Joseph Stalin who killed 40 million+ of his own people, Kim-Il Sung of North Korea who starved millions of his own people and operated on families without anesthetic and Idi Amin evil. Religions says it is not just random malfunctioning of these peoples brains that makes them do what they do, and it says the people they killed where people with value and their death was a loss.

(I think I left out 2 religions, darwinism and materialism)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I changed the coloring on it just to see if it may help you see it.

I can see a skelton face in this???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

CorkMan wrote: »
    (I think I left out 2 religions, darwinism and materialism)

Darwinism and materialism? I'll try my best not to bite.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Musicman2006

I mean no disrespect whatsoever, but is this a joke or do you actually believe you have seen into hell?

I wont give my own opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

cathy01 wrote: »
    I can see a skelton face in this???
    I see a vagina.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,829 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Where can i get a ceiling like that ? Nothing on the t.v. worth watching at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Cant believe nobody said it yet! it looks like a knob!

Oh wait is this AH? :P

I've already warned against this type of comment. The next one will earn a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Are you a ghost ? What is your purpose here ? Have you come from the past ? Your phone/camera appears to be from 1999. How have you come to be here ? Do not be afraid. This is 2011. It appears that you have come from 1999. Do not be alarmed. We are your friends. How have you come to be here ?

To come back to the topic, though it's probably a wasted effort by now, the story took some effort I'd imagine, it isn't a glib three-liner obviously, but the pictures just don't tell any kind of story, I'm no camera expert but surely at the very least if the pictures were taken on the same camera phone there'd be a uniformity to the picture sizes. I've taken some pretty high quality pictures of my cat with my phone's camera, and I imagine the quality of such phones to be of a generally decent standard by now. Like most photographic evidence of ghosts, the pictures are just too easy to dismiss based on the 'evidence' presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

I actually believe that the OP is acting the maggot. In the opener the second paragraph is posted twice which would suggest a duffed attempt at copy/paste.
    This has probably done the rounds on some other forum before making it's way here.
    As for the images - lame!

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

I actually believe that the OP is acting the maggot. In the opener the second paragraph is posted twice which would suggest a duffed attempt at copy/paste.
    This has probably done the rounds on some other forum before making it's way here.
    As for the images - lame!
    I think you may be right.

Thread closed until the op explains this. Good call ML.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement