Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering the €2,000 student registration fee?

Options
  • 31-07-2011 6:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

If you are applying to your local HEG section for free tuition fees do they also cover the student registration fee? I'll be a mature student at UCC, currently on Disability Allowance but will make an application for BTEA as I can get €500 towards books on BTEA which I can't get if I simply stay on DA. Do BTEA students have to pay the €2,000 student reg fee themselves (I don't think so, I don't see how they could?) If I don't for some reason get accepted onto the BTEA scheme (I was on it before, more than 5 years ago, returning to uni under something called the Second Chance scheme) and remain on DA is it my the HEG section who cover the cost for the student reg fee? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

marti8 wrote: »
    If you are applying to your local HEG section for free tuition fees do they also cover the student registration fee? I'll be a mature student at UCC, currently on Disability Allowance but will make an application for BTEA as I can get €500 towards books on BTEA which I can't get if I simply stay on DA. Do BTEA students have to pay the €2,000 student reg fee themselves (I don't think so, I don't see how they could?) If I don't for some reason get accepted onto the BTEA scheme (I was on it before, more than 5 years ago, returning to uni under something called the Second Chance scheme) and remain on DA is it my the HEG section who cover the cost for the student reg fee? Thanks.

All i know is that the grant covers the reg fee, and even if you are getting the BTEA you can apply for the grant to cover the reg fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

All i know is that the grant covers the reg fee, and even if you are getting the BTEA you can apply for the grant to cover the reg fee.

Thanks. It's a bit confusing. I think I am making the error of thinking "grant" applies only to maintenence grant but there's two parts I think? So even though I wouldn't be entitled to the maintenance part I would be entitled to the other part, presumeably that other part id the student reg fee? Have I gotten it right? :confused: Going to fill in the HEG grant application forms later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

marti8 wrote: »
    Thanks. It's a bit confusing. I think I am making the error of thinking "grant" applies only to maintenence grant but there's two parts I think? So even though I wouldn't be entitled to the maintenance part I would be entitled to the other part, presumeably that other part id the student reg fee? Have I gotten it right? :confused: Going to fill in the HEG grant application forms later today.

You wouldnt get any money from the grant, but it would cover the reg fee, you can fill them out and apply online now i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

You wouldnt get any money from the grant, but it would cover the reg fee, you can fill them out and apply online now i think.

Yeah, we have the forms already. You can apply online but still have to send them hardcopies! Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

• Advertisement
Advertisement