Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

electric pink/purple hair

• 31-07-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

ok didnt know if this the right place for this, but could anyone suggest where to go so i could get my hair done bright pink?
    dublin/louth area and somewhere that wont be super expensive
    (pinks dyes out of bottles last me 1 wash before go odd,even periment dyes of other coulours fade super quick in my hair)

hope some1 can help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

unfortunatley its impossible to find a colour so vibrant that wont fade quickly.. i use the crazy colour fire in my hair but still need to put it in every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    unfortunatley its impossible to find a colour so vibrant that wont fade quickly.. i use the crazy colour fire in my hair but still need to put it in every week.

+1 even the best salon treatments won't keep a bright colour. Even if you get it done professionally, you'll still have a heck of a maintenance job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Sarah Bear wrote: »

dang,:( really want pink hair,with amount dyed my hair before its in bad nuff state that dont need to be dying it every week,oh well,sniff sniff :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

those crazy colours have no peroxide or ammonia.. they are just like a conditioner so they dont damage ur hair at all!! so dont worry bout putting them in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

While it's true that the dye won't damage your hair, you'd have to keep bleaching your roots (assuming you aren't naturally platinum blonde) which would damage your hair. I used to use stargazer dyes which are vegetable based and they didn't cause any extra damage, it's really the bleaching that does it. They last about 5-6 washes before noticeably fading, I wash my hair every day so it was very annoying!

• Advertisement

dee. wrote: »
    While it's true that the dye won't damage your hair, you'd have to keep bleaching your roots (assuming you aren't naturally platinum blonde) which would damage your hair. I used to use stargazer dyes which are vegetable based and they didn't cause any extra damage, it's really the bleaching that does it. They last about 5-6 washes before noticeably fading, I wash my hair every day so it was very annoying!

thanks,yea used starglazer before,would last 1 wash me in hair even when had it bleached,my hairs just weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Use Special Effects dye, it's fantastic. I used the Electric Blue one and it lasted 6 weeks and then faded out to a purple. You can buy it from here

Stargazer and Crazy Colours only last a week or two in my hair.

To make it last longer, bleach your hair first, as bleached hair is more porous and absorbs more dye. Then use a toner (I use Manic Panic Virgin Snow) to get rid of any yellow. Apply the dye to very clean, non conditioned hair, stick a shower cap on and leave it on for as long as you can. I leave it on for 4-6 hours and blast it with a hairdryer every 15 minutes or so.
    After your hair is dyed use a gentle shampoo to wash it, preferably one without SLS, as that strips the dye. Wash it in lukewarm water and try to wash your hair as infrequently as you can. All that should make your colour last at least a month, depending on how often you wash your hair.

moonflower you are awsome!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

If your looking for a salon that does this Bubblegum in Drogheda is fantastic for these types of colouring, think you can even buy the dye off them if you want to top it up yourself. Kayleigh is brilliant with colour there.:) Let us know how you get on.

awesome yea i thought of goin bubblegum alright,
    my gfs sister goes there,i didnt know about you could buy the dye from them,thats intresting alright,might pop down there in the next day or 2,cheers for the info :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

No problem, yeah im sure they will sell it to you. or at least when u get the hairdresser on her own ask her then. ;)

Advertisement