Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biore blackhead nose strips or similar

• 31-07-2011 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Can you get these anymore? I remember using them as a teenager and was telling my niece about them recently when she was stressing over blackheads on her nose. We had a look for them in the usual places, Boots, Superdrug, supermarkets etc, but couldn't find any.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

I bought these for my teen last month in Boots. So they are available.

I am dubious about whether they work on some people though. I have fine pores and they did nought for me. I think you need to ensure pores are open and skin cleansed so after shower or bath would seem to be optimum time to use them. Also remove them as you would a wax strip so to lift any debris off with the strip and result may be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

They're still available, never did anything for me though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Seen them in Boots last time I was in and was going to pick them up, I've found them to be so much better when your pores are opened fully, I put them on the minute I jump out of the shower or another way of opening your pores is to put a hot wet face cloth on your face for a couple of mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Thanks everyone. Will have another look in Boots

They were in Tescos last time I looked, round two weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

I used the biore ones a couple of times years ago and remember finding them quite good. A couple of months ago I went to pick up some of them in boots. They had the biore ones and also some boots own brand ones that came in a green box. I decided to try to boots own brand ones. If I remember right, I think they were around €6 for 6 and the biore ones were a fair bit more. I have used a few of the boots ones now and while they're ok, I don't find them anywhere near as good as I remember the biore ones to be.

I had a look on ebay the other day and ordered a pack of 10 of the Biore ones from Japan for €3.21 which I thought was great value.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BIORE-Nose-Cleaning-Strips-Pore-Pack-LADY-JAPAN-10-pcs-/270791005951?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3f0c66d6ff

Also ordered a pack of 8 herbal pore strips that are more like a mask from China out of curiousity for €2.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/8-x-herbal-Deep-NOSE-PORE-CLEANSING-STRIPS-blackheads-/230637262705?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b30d5771

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

The herbal pore strips sound really nice :) I'm trying to use more natural products myself so after you try them out can you let me know what you thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Tesco sell a similar product that only costs €1.99. I cant think of the name, but they are very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

be careful - just because it says herbal on the package it may not be as "natural" as you think.

not all countries have the same rules with regard to advertising/labelling....does the product meet EU specs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

PCPhoto wrote: »
    be careful - just because it says herbal on the package it may not be as "natural" as you think.

not all countries have the same rules with regard to advertising/labelling....does the product meet EU specs.

Well to be fair Chinese natural herbs are pretty reputable, I'm sure Biore is half as bad - if not worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

Asphyxia wrote: »
    The herbal pore strips sound really nice :) I'm trying to use more natural products myself so after you try them out can you let me know what you thought?
    PCPhoto wrote: »

I am not knowledgeable at all on skincare ingredients etc so I really couldn't comment on that side of things. There are heaps of the same packs on ebay and I checked out some feedback on them and had a google for a couple of reviews etc and I guess I just feel they're not a danger. I'd say they're more likely to turn out useless than anything else! But again, I just ordered them out of curiousity and will post back how I find them (although ye'd have to make your own minds up on the ingredients).
    carleigh wrote: »
    Tesco sell a similar product that only costs €1.99. I cant think of the name, but they are very good.

I had a quick look at the tesco website and think I found them: "T-Zone Instant Fix, 6 Nose Pore Stips" for €1.99. Thats a great price and I'd like to try them at some point. They are v cheap compared to getting them in boots, I just wonder if they are more like the boots own brand ones or better like the biore ones. They work out at the same price as the biore ones on ebay since those are a 10 pack but anyways, great find!
    tzonenose.jpg

Advertisement