Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap firing: wood, coal, briquettes etc.

• 31-07-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Money is pretty tight for me at the moment as I know it is for many. I'm thinking ahead for the colder weather and want to start stocking up on fuel for my fire.

I was in Aughrim, Co. Galway lately where there was an offer of 10 bales of briquettes for €30. I thought this was a good offer but wasn't in a position to avail of it.

Is there anything similar around the city or county at the moment? Was thinking of just buying a small bit every week and letting it build up but if there was a good offer I might just bite the bullet and buy now for winter.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

There are a few coal yards on the dock road selling coal for less than 14euro a bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

The petrol station across the road from Roxboro garda station is selling turf for 5 euro a bag. Not sure how good value that is, what is the going rate for a bag of turf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭adaminho

Try asking around the shops for old pallets. I know a few of the smaller €2 shops that have a build up of them as by the time they have them broken down the drivers are gone and they accumulate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll be looking around in the next few weeks and will post back here if I find any good bargains :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Green King

Just for your information,from 1 August, all coal in Ireland has to be less than 0.7% sulphur. This means that cheaper Scottish and English coal is illegal. Polish, Colombian and Russian coal is normally OK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Brilliant - Goodbye to the cross border cowboys ( fly-by-nights )

Advertisement