Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trying to tune in ITV and BBC1 HD problem

• 31-07-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

My sister got new Sky+ HD Box installed last week. I tried to tune in ITV and BBC1 HD manually but it only scanned for 1 second and came back no channels found. Tried various other frequencies but all with same result.

I then ran through epg and discovered ITV 2,3 and 4 are all on the EPG on 118,119 and 120.
    Went home and they are not on my HD box.

Anyone else come across this?
    She still has all the Irish Channels on 101,102,103 etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

johntommy wrote: »
    My sister got new Sky+ HD Box installed last week. I tried to tune in ITV and BBC1 HD manually but it only scanned for 1 second and came back no channels found. Tried various other frequencies but all with same result.

I then ran through epg and discovered ITV 2,3 and 4 are all on the EPG on 118,119 and 120.
    Went home and they are not on my HD box.

Anyone else come across this?
    She still has all the Irish Channels on 101,102,103 etc etc

BBC changed FEC to 8/9 which I dont think Sky boxes are capable of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

ITV1,2,3 and 4 are not on the Irish EPG and can only be tuned in through other channels. As the other poster said the BBC changed the frequency FEC to 8/9. Sky plus boxes don't go up to FEC 8/9 so anyone who had BBC1 HD tuned in before the frequency change will not loose BBC1 HD but people trying to tune it in after the change won't be able to get it. If you go to lyngsat.com you will get all the frequencies for the ITV channels just click on Astra 2D on the home page the symbol rate is 22.0 and the FEC is 5/6. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johntommy

ITV1,2,3 and 4 are not on the Irish EPG and can only be tuned in through other channels. As the other poster said the BBC changed the frequency FEC to 8/9. Sky plus boxes don't go up to FEC 8/9 so anyone who had BBC1 HD tuned in before the frequency change will not loose BBC1 HD but people trying to tune it in after the change won't be able to get it. If you go to lyngsat.com you will get all the frequencies for the ITV channels just click on Astra 2D on the home page the symbol rate is 22.0 and the FEC is 5/6. Best of luck with it.

I know ITV 2,3 and 4 are not on Irish EPG, but they ARE on my sisters.
    I could not even tune in UTV. Her HD box will not tune in any extra channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

johntommy wrote: »
    I know ITV 2,3 and 4 are not on Irish EPG, but they ARE on my sisters.
    I could not even tune in UTV. Her HD box will not tune in any extra channels.
    Well then; she doesn't have an Irish Sky card in her box. More than likely she has a UK freesat card.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johntommy

blueser wrote: »
    Well then; she doesn't have an Irish Sky card in her box. More than likely she has a UK freesat card.
    But she has the Irish channels on 101,102,103 etc, so it cant be an English freesat card. Very strange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement