Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Norris - Post-Revelations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Another victory for Israel who,as with their enemies, are guilty of pillage and rape of a different nature
    :rolleyes: FFS. Yeah, they're responsible for his ex-partner raping a child, and for him to subsequently ask for clemency for him.....on state headed paper, in his capacity as a Senator and presidential candidate. Ah yeah - let's blame the Jews. Get a fcuking grip, will you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Of course the truth should be public and accept that Norris is no longer a likely President but am not without hope that "biblical" justice will visit Israeli fundamentalists eventually

Ah, we have issues with the israelis then...........:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Is this suggesting that if Norris supporting liberals had their way the existence of those letters would not have been revealed to the Irish public?

Well I think it would be more the case of Norris supporters not bothering to look for dirt on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Min wrote: »
    Well I think it would be more the case of Norris supporters not bothering to look for dirt on him.

Sooo...the opposition to Norris did the Irish public a great service in finding out this information, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Well, it has been said that one of the main reasons that so many have deserted his campaign is that he himself did not reveal all to them.
    I seriously cannot believe that Norris did not remember or realise the importance of the Nawi letters before he set out on the campaign nevermind AFTER the HLB debacle which was all about his attitudes to older man-younger boy sexual contact.

Really, what does Norris expect the reaction to be in a country reeling from the disgusting RC catalog of criminal sexual activity against minors.

Naive is not the word for the man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I wonder do the 'allegations' that Joe Jackson (Just another journalistic coward imo) alluded to on the radio yesterday concern this case or some other misdemeanour's?
    I would feel seriously betrayed if I had backed his campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Sooo...the opposition to Norris did the Irish public a great service in finding out this information, yes?

David Norris said in yesterday's Sunday Independent that he looked at his past 10 years and saw nothing that would embarrass him.

There had been a lot of questions over David Norris before the latest controversy, his views on pederasty, incest, prostitution, drugs.

He should have known that when it comes to being the first citizen of this land that it goes back further than 10 years, it covers one's whole life.

There is also the question of when did he actually finish his relationship with Ezra Nawi, so far there has been three different reports.
    David Norris says 1985 in the Sunday Independent.
    Joe Jackson says David Norris told him in 2002 it continued for 26 years to 2001.
    The Daily Mail says it continued for four years after the conviction.

Whoever found out, it seems David Norris has been giving different stories to different people about his relationship with Ezra Nawi.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

I'm quite dissapointed by the revelations, the campaign is all but over. It doesn't change the fact there was a clear attempt to undermine him. I seriously doubt all of the other candidates have had an angelic past but maybe now people will start scrutinizing them more.
    Norris is a good man, just very foolish to do what he did and so he won't be the next President of Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Craebear wrote: »
    I'm quite dissapointed by the revelations, the campaign is all but over. It doesn't change the fact there was a clear attempt to undermine him. I seriously doubt all of the other candidates have had an angelic past but maybe now people will start scrutinizing them more.
    Norris is a good man, just very foolish to do what he did and so he won't be the next President of Ireland.
    That neatly just about sums up the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Craebear wrote: »
    A good man is not going to write a letter to try and get his lover off on a sex assault on a minor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Caulego

i think its wrong that most of us try to hide what goes on, anyone who is on the scene knows what goes on behind the scene, Fair play to DN for bringing the subject to light. He has done so much for us in the past and we should stand by him now rather than running him over,
    He is our only hope of getting the rights we need, I remember he came to one of our meetings and the great support he gave us all regarding civil rights and adoption.

Fair enough, but from reading the letter Norris doesn't clarify that he was the offender's sexual partner, which seems a bit odd. Why not openly say it?
    Also, this is not the first slip-up Norris has comitted, as he made a mess of his attempt to justify pedastry in some weird 'Classical Greek' context, which I find hard to understand. What else is there that we don't know about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Show Time wrote: »
    A good man is not going to write a letter to try and get his lover off on a sex assault on a minor.
    This, as well as accuse the victim of leading his friend into a trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    On the money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No, not good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't think that's what he meant tbh. I thought he was referring to how the arrest was made when he mentioned a trap. He was not granted permission to have a lawyer present when he admitted to the charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

David Norris for president all the way ,, im so sadend by all this negativity around him , he is the most positive person around and there would be no better man or woman to fill the role !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

eimear10 wrote: »
    David Norris for president all the way ,, im so sadend by all this negativity around him , he is the most positive person around and there would be no better man or woman to fill the role !

True, his ignorance of why anyone may be annoyed by this and his willingness to openly abuse this power is what makes a person in politics in Ireland successful, lest we forget :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I was thinking of Voting for him, but this has changed that for definite, now when i look back and think why i was going to vote for him there is no good reason, he is a pompous git who acts like he's smarter than he is and does not represent the majority of people at all, what was i thinking.

Mary and her charitable efforts etc looks like she will get my vote..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

In fairless though i would not have voted for him before either but i love the amount of people who would even with whats went on.

Its fashionable and cool to like gay people i dont think this should ever be an issue however i wonder what people would have thought of him if he had went out with a women who was convicted of rape of a minor and he wrote a letter for her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is there a RON vote (or something similar) in the elections if anyone feels that there is not a good enough candidate on the ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I never thought he was a suitable candidate, not for the type of job the president does. I might have given him a preference, but I won't now.

I'm just glad all of this has come out now rather than when he actually was president (which was quite likely to happen).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Are the people calling for Norris to resign going to pursue the other TD's and Senators who have used their position to seek clemency for people on trial or early release for convicts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

RonMexico wrote: »
    Are the people calling for Norris to resign going to pursue the other TD's and Senators who have used their position to seek clemency for people on trial or early release for convicts?

Only if they want the convicts back home for some more rogering.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

He was in NUIG just over a week ago giving a talk and I asked him a question on the Magill article. As I read out a quote I wanted clarification over, he interrupted me and went to someone elses question. Not to be put off I retorted by saying "thanks for being an open presedential candidate"
    He then came back to me and allowed me to ask my question. I felt he answered it satisfactorily which was all I wanted in the first place. He didn't do himself any favours in the way he attempted to not allow me ask my question I felt.
    I was initially thinking of voting for him but after this latest scandal definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

This is unbelievable! Surely Senator Norris of all people should know the difference between affected and effected?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

On all ''Norris for President'' Facebook groups they're blaming homophobia for people being angry about this. Really? They don't think people would feel the same way if it was a straight man who wrote that letter? :confused:

I don't know why they can't just admit that Norris did something wrong instead of saying we're all homophobic. How does that even make sense to them? People were going to vote for him but now they're not. They hardly all turned homophobic over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

your making out the priests are straight, they raped young boys they are gay, priests joined the church as they had no interest in women, they are gay.

if you dont agree priests be allowed adopt children how can you agree gay people should be allowed.

Were trying to protect kids not put them in clear danger, We all know a lot more in the gay scence we wudnt trust with kids so lets not kid ourselfs here its time to be honest and forget oh i want to give love to a child my rights are more important than a childs. nobody in the community seems to see how sick people feel about this,

Just look at the votes above for DN its sick and whos voting? people know who

Thats a wide ranging statment that all priests enter because they have no intrest in women and are gay are you been serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

F*ck Norris, stupid blabbermouth. The only gay President we should have is Gay Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The fact that he is still running for the Presidency, demonstrates that he is no better than the rest really. It's just a pity we can't give McAleese a third term.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

In fairless though i would not have voted for him before either but i love the amount of people who would even with whats went on.

Its fashionable and cool to like gay people i dont think this should ever be an issue however i wonder what people would have thought of him if he had went out with a women who was convicted of rape of a minor and he wrote a letter for her.
    A woman cannot be convicted of rape in this country

Advertisement