Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good basic bookkeeping books

Options
  • 31-07-2011 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi

My friend is doing the accoutancy exams cap 2 but lacks some basic fundementals in double entrry, bookkeeping, and just trying to understand how the baisc pnl and B/S works, i.e rolling balances, accounts being closed and trasferred to the pnl, disposals of fixed assets.

Also he struggles with Double entry, for the obvious one its pretty easy like if u buy something cr bank dr fixed assets, is there more complicated examples that really test you.

I hear the CAP 1 double entry exam is really hard to pass and is really good for double entry has any got acess to these notes, and solutions cause that what my frineds needs, he did the PDA in D.I.T. which didnt help things, as they flew throguht the course.

Any help names of good book keeping books that cover the basic topisc, or if any one has access to the cap 1 double entry notes that would be kool aswell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sodabread

Hi

I'm afraid I don't have any notes or book recommendations that focus solely on double entry however if your friend did the PDA in DIT , isn't he entitled to full CAP1 exemptions so the double entry book-keeping assessment won't need to be completed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 r.dunne7

Yeah I know that the only reason why he wants the notes is that he reailses that his double entry aint as good as it should.

Its very fundemental in accounting to have good double entry , and doing the PDA he esentailly didnt get good basics and learn everything offf which is bad when it comes to the professional exams

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭QueenV

Get the Book keeping for dummies book it's very basic but handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

Leaving cert textbooks are pretty good.

I looked it up a moment ago and I think the Author Kevin O'Riordan is the same guy who wrote the textbook I used for my Leaving Cert back in 1980s.

Advertisement