Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ problem.

• 31-07-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Have a normal sky+ box,since this morning when I try to record something I can't watch anything else.The recording records fine but I can't watch anything else,even the channel I'm recording.

Anybody any clue whats going on?

Cheers!

Comments

I'd say one of the cables from the dish is disconnected at the back of your box, come loose from the dish or has been cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Checked them there and they're all okay,signal quality on inputs 1 and 2 are both very good too.

Bloody frustrating,want to watch the GAA on RTE2 and record the Celtic match on Sky Sports 2!

What message comes up on the screen when you go to watch another channel whilst recording?

Will it record two different channels at once and can you then watch both recordings?

I would try a power reset first, disconnect the box from the mains for a few minutes. If that fails and as I said above you can record two separate channels at once no problem then try a full system reset from within the engineering menu. Be warned, if you do this you will lose all recordings and planner setup.

Two different ones,first this:

For your information 30

There is a technical fault with this channel please try later

Then it changes to this:

For your information 30

No satelite signal is being received.

Very odd altogether.

Now it's after turning itself off!

Will try disconnecting it and see if it makes any odds.

• Advertisement

Box finally turned itself on again and it's working perfectly again!

Bizarre stuff!

Thanks for the help though hellboy,much appreciated.

I think error 30 is a software error, if it starts to do it again I would say go and try a full system reset next time. I know the first versions of the HD box had a similar issue if left plugged in all the time .

Advertisement