Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rp 235 profi problem!!!

• 31-07-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

guys just bought my own baler during the week and pulled it out yesterday to bale a bit of hay. It bales fine but when it starts netting the knife releases but it stays netting , and advice would be grateful as im new to balers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

guys just bought my own baler during the week and pulled it out yesterday to bale a bit of hay. It bales fine but when it starts netting the knife releases but it stays netting , and advice would be grateful as im new to balers

is your netting set to automatic? in other words when the buzzer goes off to say bale is full does the netting start to run automatically after say 2 secs? if not you can set this and the amount of net on the control box. you should hear a load click which is the knife and a beep when bale is netted and you can open door, if you arent hearing the click you might need to reset the knife, if you open the hood you will see it on the left near the rollers, there is a little handle you can pull to manaully reset the knife...this can happen witha new roll of net..did the dealer make a few bales with you to start you off , thats kinda important

• Registered Users Posts: 31 shane_318is

ya the netting is set on automatic and the knife clicks when the bale is netted but the bale stays netting.in case it makes a difference i used edge to edge net. no the dealer didnt show me anything , i have baled before a small bit before with a deutz and a fusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

If they use the same basic netting systm as they did on the 200s 202s etc then try cleaning the blade with a course sandpaper and make sure there is no buildup of dirt around where the blade closes to. Haven't used a 235 but always had that problem on the older models especially if had been idle for any amount of time

would it be anything to do with the brake???

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

It's possible but did 50,000 odd bales on a 200 and never had that problem with the brake. Chances are the net isn't been cut all the way across so it pulls in the net again. If the brake is locking out and you can't pull the net out of the roll then I'd say it's ok

• Advertisement

she is 07 and has 20000 made,, what is the purpose of the brake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Pacoa

I used to have a 220 so not sure if this applies to the 235 but when i used to close the door after letting out the bale i discovered that you had to keep the hydraulic lever preesed forward for a few seconds after the door closed so that the ram which resets the knife would go down out of the way. Otherwise the ram would stop the knife from cutting properly and she'd keep netting but im not sure if that applies to a 235. Is the door worked by lever or is it push button?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 landybeast

brake not applying enough force, where does the brake bar stay when the knife trips. Is it 4200m tama can be harder cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

landybeast wrote: »
    brake not applying enough force, where does the brake bar stay when the knife trips. Is it 4200m tama can be harder cut.

Second the brake theory - sounds like it to me - tighten it up - really tight and try your luck then. Do a few rounds with the hood up and on manual tying normally follows this kind of remedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 agricon

you need to turn the net knife around. its not a knife as such but more so a flat plate, held in place by a line of small bolts. Its reversible so unless the other side has already been used which is unlikely on a machine that new you loosen the line of bolts and turn it around. had experience of this on a 220 i owned. good luck!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

agricon wrote: »
    you need to turn the net knife around. its not a knife as such but more so a flat plate, held in place by a line of small bolts. Its reversible so unless the other side has already been used which is unlikely on a machine that new you loosen the line of bolts and turn it around. had experience of this on a 220 i owned. good luck!:D

Hey your first post - welcome to boards!

update-- i went investigating as to why the knife would only release now and again. it operates by a motor driving a leg over and back which is working a one way bearing (like a ratchet) which ratchets the round splined piece that relaeses the knife. the one way bearing was damaged it will turn so many rounds until the it meets the damaged piece and stops for a few more bales until it comes bake working.

the brake-- i tightned the brake which solved the whole problem for a bit (5 bales) until it started again, but if i catch the brake bar and pull it down the net will brake,,

so what is my next step thanks ???

Is your back door spool lever in the float position ? How did you adjust the brake ?

ya the back door spool is on gravity and i tightned the brake by a 13 bolt on the caliper holding the pads in.

Where is the brake bar when applying net, does it bounce up an down much? On the right side is there a flat plate with two butterfly nuts this controls the bounce loosening these should let it forward faster.

the brake bar do be bouncing up and down while netting and does be half up half down when it trys to cut the net

Hard without seeing it but if its bouncing a lot i think it might need more brake on the right, is there much left on the pads. I would try tightening the brake more but keep an eye on the disc and make sure its not overheating. Check the net is not bunching on one side can make it hard to cut. have heard 235 giving trouble with some net. 3200m tama never gives any trouble on my 220 but 4200m does give me problems adjusting brake maybe three times per roll

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

I know it was a sunday you asked the question originally but have you not contacted the dealer you purchased it off on the monday? surley he should fix this for you if you only got it?

I am from kerry and the dealer is in fermanagh, i also prefer to do it myself so ill know what to do the next time it happens, i rang the dealer and he said he will stand over any parts needed

Advertisement