Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford V Kilkenny 7th aug Can we do it ?

• 31-07-2011 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

what do you think of our chances? cant see it happening myself but it would be nice for the players, they have taken a lot of slating the past few months,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭mrsmiawallace6

i would LOVE us to win but i dont think we will, i think we will buckle under the pressure of the day.

I am going to the match and I am hoping tat we at least try, i hate when we loose but if played with heart and never stopped pushing then i go home proud. The times tat we go in thinking we have lost to why try, those are the times i come home in a sulk and tell myself i am never going to another match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

of course they can win. I think it will be very close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I knew they would give Galway a good game and I don't think Kilkenny will be any different. After the munster final they really have nothing to loose, Do I think Waterford will win? Honestly no. But, do I think they Can win? Absolutely.

Should be a good game in any event. I can see a couple of them hanging up the boots and a semi-final against Kilkenny isn't a bad way to bow out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Straight to point....no don't think they will win.

If Waterford can get loads of ball into Shane Walsh or Mullane and create a few one on ones with Hickey and the likes. That is their one and only hope of a shock i feel

Wexford had alot of joy against Kilkenny full back line but didn't capitalise enough.

To be honest Kilkenny are hot favourites and in fairness to them they dont get caught with the trousers down too often but i wouldn't totally write off Waterford. I think they should hurl their own game and when they dont have the ball obviously id imagine they are going to get in Kilkenny's faces and force them into thinking quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Gonna be a different game than the one against Galway, people say Waterford played well against Galway but you could say Galway were bad too.
    Hopefully they put it up to KK and not get a flaking like what Tipp gave in the Munster Final.
    This time next week we will know the outcome, look at Mayo today, bookies gave them no chance and they dumped out Cork the current All Ireland Football Champions out of the race for Sam McGuire, hopefully another shock in hurling is on the cards.
    Half of me says Waterford other half says KK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I honestly think we've a great chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

We're going to win and knock Kilkenny out of the final this is our year mark my word's.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

50/50 game anything could happen on the day, I think they have a great chance and are a massive 7/1 to win.. That’s definitely worth a bet as they aren’t that far behind Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Waterford still have a lot of ground to make up to win it, assuming they go out with the same attitude as the last time. It's possible but the cats are deserving favourites.

• Advertisement

merlante wrote: »
    but the cats are deserving favourites.

You must be joking,what do bookies know.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

The all Ireland final is in August now? Jaysus! Please do beat us, I would love nothing more than all the smug up their hole people here to be shut up once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

I think we can do it. I just want to us have a good cut at Kilkenny. Kilkenny won't afford us the time and space Galway did at times the last day and they will put a lot more pressure on the full back line. If the players can deal with that and play to the level we know they can......

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

homolumo wrote: »
    Kilkenny won't afford us the time and space Galway did
    Not a truer phrase uttered on this thread. Kilkenny can be beaten - no doubt about that. If Waterford can up their game from Galway (18 wides?) and get a few breaks, there may be an upset.

Need to hurl like they have something to prove and drop the cautious game they took to Tipp in the Munster Final. Kilkenny will crucify us if that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

curly.bert wrote: »
    Not a truer phrase uttered on this thread. Kilkenny can be beaten - no doubt about that. If Waterford can up their game from Galway (18 wides?) and get a few breaks, there may be an upset.

Need to hurl like they have something to prove and drop the cautious game they took to Tipp in the Munster Final. Kilkenny will crucify us if that happens.

Agree Kilkenny can be beaten, but I'm not sure if Waterford are the team to do it. On paper the 10 pt win over Galway looks good, but i think anyone who watched that game would agree that Galway were poor on the day.
    Still though, all they could do was beat what was in front of them, and that display in the Munster Final wont be repeated, so maybe theres a chance.
    If Kilkenny have any kind of lack lustre day, and Waterford play to the top of their game, they are well capable of an upset. But if Kilkenny are on their game Waterford will not be able for them and I would expect maybe a 6 to 8 point Kilkenny win.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Can't see us beating KK tbh, think they are just too strong and I can't see anything other thah a KK and Tipp final, hope I'm wrong though

Bluezar wrote: »
    Can't see us beating KK tbh, think they are just too strong and I can't see anything other thah a KK and Tipp final, hope I'm wrong though
    Ahh give me a break, do you think they are invincible,with that attudide you may as well lye down and give up,UP THE DÉISE BOY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Win - win situation for Waterford.

If we win it's into the All Ireland final, if we lose it's the end of Davy Fitz and I won't be sad to see the back of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw5Rp6eucHw

Dont stop believing Waterford hurling fans :D

mikeym wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw5Rp6eucHw

Dont stop believing Waterford hurling fans :D

WLR FM have that song ruined for me from playing it before big matches, they better not hype up the game during the week as there no need of it!! Treat it like a league game and keep the hype to a minimum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

fancy waterford @ kilkenny -15pts

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

practice the puck outs there could be alot of them:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

WLR and Waterford Hurling has ****ing ruined that song for me, everytime I hear it put to waterford playing something or for support I want to cave someones ****ing head in with a hurley.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Kilkenny are not the team they were, but neither are the deise.

But, Jea-sus H. Christ, I'd love it if we beat them! Love it!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

KK have been sliding the last few years, this could be the year when Waterford stick it to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

It's not two legs, it's just a single game, and we all know in a single game you may have 2 key players not in form on the day, then its not going your way and then bad luck is added to it and whatnot and bang you're gone.

But thats what Waterford will have to hope for as they have only been playing "poorly to OK in places" and are quite lucky to be in this championship still. Whats in Waterfords favour is the fact that no one expects anything from them, but Kilkenny are likely to be in a different league to Waterford despite the recent 'slide'.

I believe the odds are 7:1 and thats probably accurate enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jbwan

An early goal can unsettle any team. KK are nowhere near the team they once were and they know it. There's a few key injury worries coming into the weekend and a good start for the Deise could return any kind of shock.

Imagine a Waterford vs Dublin final! It would be great for the sport to see two underdogs fighting it out on final day. Stranger things have happened.

jbwan wrote: »
    An early goal can unsettle any team. KK are nowhere near the team they once were and they know it. There's a few key injury worries coming into the weekend and a good start for the Deise could return any kind of shock.

Imagine a Waterford vs Dublin final! It would be great for the sport to see two underdogs fighting it out on final day. Stranger things have happened.
    Hopefully, will have to watch final in Oz if Waterford do get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

How much are terrace tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

dayshah wrote: »
    How much are terrace tickets?

€25 i believe, €40 for the stand.

Advertisement