Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford V Kilkenny 7th aug Can we do it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Can we bring guns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

At the moment Tipp are favourites with the bookies to win the all Ireland outright, however, if Kilkenny had met Galway at the quarter final stage and beaten them by 9 points, then they'd be hot favourites. Here's hoping for a good fast tight game of hurling on Sunday..... up the Deise!!!!!!!!!!! (of course!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I can't see us winning but in sport anything is possible on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Got our tickets today, just hoping for a fine day on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Anyone interested in an old bet on this look at (+)4 handicap at 21/10 with Paddy Power could do allot worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

deisemum wrote: »
    Got our tickets today, just hoping for a fine day on Sunday.

There is actually rain forecast in Dublin from 12.00 noon to 6.00pm on Sunday .

Could this help ye overcome the cats .- We all know that cats don't like rain .

link :
    http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=EUR;IE;EI006;DUBLIN;&metric=1&hbhday=3&hbhhour=7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

No Waterford always bottle it when it really matters.I don't see Waterford winning.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Been thinking all week could it be Waterfords day on Sunday? Look at 08, Tipp were red hot favorites to win and Waterford ambushed them from the start, this would be a dream scenario for Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

STIG83 wrote: »
    Been thinking all week could it be Waterfords day on Sunday? Look at 08, Tipp were red hot favorites to win and Waterford ambushed them from the start, this would be a dream scenario for Sunday!!

Thats the beauty of sport... anything can happen. If Waterford greats a dream start, a couple of goals early on, then maybe......
    However, smart money is on the cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Nothing smart about backing a 1-8 shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

Nothing smart about backing a 1-8 shot.

You back Waterford so, and we'll see who's richer at the end of the match.

The smart play is keeping your money in your pocket and enjoying the match. If you're in the business of trying to buy money, good luck to ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Neutrals would not give Waterford a chance , but it is easy to see why Waterford Boards members think Waterford can win.

Best of Luck Waterford and remember to play for the full 70 minutes .

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Come on waterford lets get behind the team , they can do it, have the ability anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

No Waterford always bottle it when it really matters.I don't see Waterford winning.

:pac:

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

A few smart remarks floating around I see..

:pac:

You kiddin me? Smugness about a 1-8 shot winning.

And Waterford didn't bottle it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

We were cat to be honest . Thought they were there to be taken . Expect the usual madness on deise am Monday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If anything I think Kilkenny were very poor. Too many bloody wides in the second half.

ziedth wrote: »
    If anything I think Kilkenny were very poor. Too many bloody wides in the second half.

Thats the sicking part!! less of the wides and could have been our day :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

had 80% of the wides from the right been points I think that would have been a win for the Deise, Kilkenny were lucky to have come up against a slightly inept opposition. Even at the end Waterford didn't get forward in numbers. They really could have forced the issue a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

ziedth wrote: »

But as the commentators said , Waterford were shooting from impossible angles .

In my opinion Kilkenny were there for the taking too . Its hard to know .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

we looked like making a challenge and then handed the game to them with a soft goal before half time..tbh we never really pushed them at all..if needed i reckon they had plenty more gears to go up through..thankfully they never like the all ireland final..i thought it was more so of kilkenny doing what they needed,without giving to much away before the final..gallant fight from the likes of connors/mullane/prender and tony.

couples of the young lads coming on...so not as doom and gloom looking as after the tipp mauling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

It looked like the players didnt know what to do at times. playing only 5 in attack when you needed scores doesnt make sense. some of the wides were shocking.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

tankbarry wrote: »
    It looked like the players didnt know what to do at times. playing only 2 in attack when you needed scores doesnt make sense. some of the wides were shocking.....

Thats a more accurate number. Same thing we've been doing the last couple years. This drop deep/crowd midfield sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Is it just me or did anyone else notice when a kilkenny player has the ball in a run the waterford players cant get in front of them? and its the opposite for waterford,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Has Davy Fitz been given the bullet yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I thought we played well enough but tactics again ruined it for us and when Kelly was coming off shaking his head that said it all for me, he wasn't having a bad game and he's one of the few players that can change a game on his own. Kilkenny were there for the taking and Tipperary will rip them apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Did any one see the new kk sign on the bridge? didnt notice it til i was coming home this evening.. was that up before or wha?

and also , hon the cats!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Did any one see the new kk sign on the bridge? didnt notice it til i was coming home this evening.. was that up before or wha?

and also , hon the cats!!!

Advertisement