Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't find my images on Flickr

• 31-07-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

I set up a Flickr account today. I've named and tagged some of the photos that I've uploaded but when i go to search for the images, using the exact tags, my photo doesn't show up in the results.

In my settings under: "Who will be able to see, comment on, add notes, or add people", i have it set to "See: Anyone, Comment on: Any Flickr user, Add notes, tags, and people: Your contacts". Also have my licence set to "All rights reserved".

What am i missing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

have you tried to filter the results by 'recent' when you do the tag search? i think the default is 'relevant'. i *think* images get higher in the relevant filter the more they're chosen from the results page, if that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

artyeva wrote: »
    have you tried to filter the results by 'recent' when you do the tag search? i think the default is 'relevant'. i *think* images get higher in the relevant filter the more they're chosen from the results page, if that makes sense.

I've tried that, and still nothing. After searching around, i saw it mentioned somewhere that my images may not be searchable for a few days, i don't know if that's just for free accounts.

hmmm, well i have 2 accounts, one pro and one free that i use for photos for a blog, and the free ones are searchable straight away. maybe do a search in the flickr help forum? sorry that's of no help to you at all really :o

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭shemwhistler

Could you link to one of the pictures, then I could try to search for it and see how that goes.

Here is a link to one of the images. You can see i've given it several tags. When i search for "candlelit car low light shadow", five of the tags, i get zero matches.

• Advertisement

um... i searched using 'candle toy car shadow' and up pops that shot, first on the search results.

and 'candlelit car low light shadow' only brings up one result - your shot.

artyeva wrote: »
    um... i searched using 'candle toy car shadow' and up pops that shot, first on the search results.

and 'candlelit car low light shadow' only brings up one result - your shot.

That's bizarre! Honest to god it wasn't coming up for me but it is now. Reminds me of taking my car to the mechanic to get it fixed and it happens to work absolutely fine that day. Thanks all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭shemwhistler

A bit redundant now, but also appears for me. :)

Advertisement