Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 5 - Galway)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chloek

Galway looks promising, how come the winner is known, I don't know who the winner is.
    I think Lisa will get annoying during the week.
    deep fried turkey, first time I seen that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That turkey looks rank

Which turkey :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I feel really bad for Waterford when you compare the people over these two weeks. There was more entertainment in last nights episode than the entire week in Waterford. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Couldn't stop laughing when Danny threw that plate of whipped cream in yer mans face. I must have rewound it 10 times. It must have been staged surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

What struck me about last night was the turkey cooking.
    Don't think i've ever seen such dangerous cooking...........crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

1966 wrote: »

Heston Bluementhal did it on one of his programmed but iirc they were totally kitted out in fireproof gear and had several fire extinguishers at the ready. And your man did it under a canvas awning too didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Just watching last night's episode now ... Bruce is so cute at the end! "I can't deal with the turkey right now ... I'm going to find somewhere else to live!"

The other contestants seem pretty boring so far. Except maybe the psychotherapist, he could be interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I only just realised I know eugene the Irish dancer.
    Galway is good so far, don't know who won it.
    The turkey looked awful.
    Lisa and mary will get stroppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I feel really bad for Waterford when you compare the people over these two weeks. There was more entertainment in last nights episode than the entire week in Waterford. :o

I don't feel so bad that I missed the Waterford ones so :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Mary was talkin' some bollox tonight!!

Where do I even start!?!......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

That entire French thing was such pretentious bullshit, 'la maison a fait paté' means 'the house made paté', not 'homemade paté' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Mary with this pseudo French menu you are really spoiling us. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

The affectation was a little bit embarrassing. Why? :confused:

Fair enough if twas just a bit of craic (which it might have been) but to adopt airs and graces and serve up little more than slop ... eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I quite enjoyed the French translations.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

A pretty funny episode, I enjoyed it :D. Anyone else think Dave Lamb was extra sarky today though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Lamb really had it in for Mary! Hilarious. :D

I think my favourite voiceover moment was him shrieking 'Oh look! It has shrunk!' when she lifted the beef out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I think this weeks crew are a nice crowd but they haven't been properly casted. There are no controversial charachters so there is no friction to spice things up a bit. I think CDWM usually needs someone like the "Italian Veggie" from Cork or the "Upper Class" woman from Waterford to give it a bit of an edge.

The psychotherapist guy with his "did you notice anything about me" thing was just very meh I thought.

Thought last night was funny with the translations. I usually struggle a bit to read any french menu but when I saw last nights I knew it was a mess. I sent a link to the show to a French friend of mine who hadn't a clue what some of the dishes were, save for the fact that they contained beef or pate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

1966 wrote: »

If you go to YouTube, its very popular in the south states in America, but it is very dangerous, houses go on fire every year because of the oil buckets falling over. It seems to be an American thing, everything fried. The Turkey looked fine and it only took a third of the time to cook and I suppose for the show it was a novel way of cooking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Is the comedian fella, Danny, also in Corrie? aka Eddie Windass? :)

eddie-windass-baking.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

dvcireland wrote: »
    Is the comedian fella, Danny, also in Corrie? aka Eddie Windass? :)

eddie-windass-baking.jpg
    eddie would have done a better job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

saw it last night, thought it was yeuck food, patie thingy looked like what a dog threw up, the meat looked like as if she found it in a bush out the back..as for the guy with the tie fetish, i hope he was told to bring along :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The Galway episodes are on a par with the Limerick ones i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

_whiskers wrote: »
    This week looks promising

I actually tuned out before the last Dublin episode, the Cork one was great but it was a bit tame after that. Looked at the first Waterford show, but had a bit of faith in Galway as I've met a good few interesting people there so thought it'd be good. Since I've been away - forgive the multi-quote long post!
    Degag wrote: »
    Couldn't stop laughing when Danny threw that plate of whipped cream in yer mans face. I must have rewound it 10 times. It must have been staged surely!

Ohhh when I saw that I HOPED it was staged! Otherwise it just looked like he ran up to a stranger, I honestly would've ran after him and given a smack if he did that! (or more realistically, just shouted at him, or sat fuming moaning to friends :o )
    Namlub wrote: »
    That entire French thing was such pretentious bullshit, 'la maison a fait paté' means 'the house made paté', not 'homemade paté' :rolleyes:

Watching the show, I'd think the same but possibly it was meant in a sarcastic or pseudo posh way. I think she's alright - at least she admitted that she used google to translate her menu. If she was being pretentious, perhaps she might have left that bit out. Sometimes my humour can be a little wry, so if I have the wrong audience, my sarky humour can be taken wrong.
    A pretty funny episode, I enjoyed it :D. Anyone else think Dave Lamb was extra sarky today though?

Yup, but think he had to be to match the characters. They all have their own quirky attributes so that makes it SO much easier to to pick up things to take the piss out of.
    bijapos wrote: »
    I think this weeks crew are a nice crowd but they haven't been properly casted. There are no controversial charachters so there is no friction to spice things up a bit. I think CDWM usually needs someone like the "Italian Veggie" from Cork or the "Upper Class" woman from Waterford to give it a bit of an edge.

Usually I'd agree with you, but I actually like this bunch.

You know what? perhaps they should have changed the format somewhat for the Irish episodes considering the population difference to the UK. No doubt they had great people they'd like to have matched together but they were living in different parts of the country. Should have rented a house somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Each person went back to a hostel for the day so they still only had the night together. The person hosting had the place to themselves to decorate and host a night.

Phew! guaranteed I've a million mistakes in that post! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

hmm...right that post wasn't as long as I thought it would be! No idea what took me so long to write it :(

Oh he went into the butcher next to euro 2.

Oddballs the lot of em:D

He collects wishbones:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2 big tools in the kitchen :p

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Belmono

I think the wishbones explain why they played the music from 'Tales from the Unexpected' earlier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Dave Lamb is really making this episode so far...

Advertisement