Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTIA A+

Options
  • 31-07-2011 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Just about to start the A+ online through FAS.

Any tips or advice on doing it ? Is there areas that I should concentrate more on? Anything that would help me understand things better like fiddling with old parts or anything?

I've heard its very difficult, is that because its hard to understand the basics or because of the vast amount of components ?

Anything anyone can tell me about it would be much appreciated.

Edit: Just realised theres an IT Certification forum. Pologies for the mix up and if anyone has a sec to move this over that be great thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

You should find this helpful,

http://www.techexams.net/comptia.shtml

Not sure what you should focus on, but try checking if anything is mentioned on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I watched Professor Messors videos. Found them quite helpful.

The exam is not too hard. Comptia are multiple choice. 9 times out of 10 you will be able to narrow the answer down to a 50/50 choice.

When I did the Server+ exam I had 8 questions marked for review. When I looked over them, 5 of them I could answer because of questions I got later on. The answer to some questions was in the text of another question. If that make sense.

I found the A+ to be the same.

Cables, memory, processors, motherboard and TSHOOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Nabber wrote: »
    I watched Professor Messors videos. Found them quite helpful.

The exam is not too hard. Comptia are multiple choice. 9 times out of 10 you will be able to narrow the answer down to a 50/50 choice.

When I did the Server+ exam I had 8 questions marked for review. When I looked over them, 5 of them I could answer because of questions I got later on. The answer to some questions was in the text of another question. If that make sense.

I found the A+ to be the same.

Cables, memory, processors, motherboard and TSHOOT

Yeah been watching Professor Messer videos too. I've seen that several places about later questions providing answers for earlier question. Is there a lot of memorization involved in the A+ in regards to names, numbers, numbers of pins on different things, wattages, speed and all that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Is there a lot of memorization involved in the A+

There is alot of that. Make up 90% of studying time is memorization

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I have a exam view test player with about 700 questions if anyone is interested?
    6 Essentials Mock exams and 1 Practical mock exam.

Each have 100 questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Get Mike Meyers book because that skilsoft stuff is ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lynx1234

Does any one have a second hand book that they dont need any more

comptia a+ 220-701 and 220-702 exam cram 5th edition book

or any of the books for that course

As i just started the FAS online course

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

PM'd you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 juliesmith2344

hi if someone have tried certarea.com then please send me too. My friend is suggesting me that its very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lynx1234

hi if someone have tried certarea.com then please send me too. My friend is suggesting me that its very helpful.

pitty that site was not free :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement