Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway, Lenaboy Gardens, good residential area?

Options
  • 31-07-2011 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi everyone,

I'm spending two weeks in Galway at the end of August. I've been offered an apartment in Lenaboy gardens, and I was wondering if the area is ok? Seeing that is is just a few meters away from Salthill's main street, I'd say so, but it looks a bit rundown in google's street view.

Many thanks for your wisdom :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How do you mean 'ok'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 julio_delg

I mean safe and traveler free. You know, if I go for a few pints, is it safe to walk around that area after dark? This kind of stuff.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 julio_delg

Anyone has any idea? Help would be much appreciated.

And by the way I extend my question to another area, The Crescent. In fact there are nice looking apartments in the Crescent Green, but I am wondering how safe/traveller free is that area.

I've read The Crescent is where Lawyers and Doctors are, is that true? Does that mean that the area is posh (in fact that is what I am looking for :))

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

The crescent is a really nice area, i lived there myself up to last may and it was perfect. Very close to town with surprisingly little through traffic. Very close to the good pubs of the west and walking distance to the prom.

Lenaboy gardens is grand too. Salthill is pretty tame these days, no late night venues there anymore its back to being a pleasant residential area and family holiday place.

I'd go with the crescent over it though.

Advertisement