Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Any word on Cathal Compton's injury lads?

The papers had it as concussion in the match reports, so surely three weeks should be sufficient time to recover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

If we win the Round 4 qualifier, the potential home game with Dublin has been moved from Roscommon to Croker. We would also play the winner of the Cork match in Croke Park and Donegal in the Hyde.

It has been switched in the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

We were only ever going to get one home game.Afaik we were never going to be playing Dubs in Roscommon.
    Dubs will only play one gane outside Croker and that's Cork/Qualifier team.

I'd say GAA are praying Cork come through so they can fill POC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Greybottle wrote: »
    If we win the Round 4 qualifier, the potential home game with Dublin has been moved from Roscommon to Croker. We would also play the winner of the Cork match in Croke Park and Donegal in the Hyde.

It has been switched in the last few days.

Was no switching the Irish independent got it wrong.

Munster runner up (Cork) or team that beats team v Connacht runner up (Roscommon) or team that beats them in round 1 played in Croke park

Connacht runner up (Roscommon) or team that beats them in round 2 at home to the Ulster winner (Donegal)

Leinster winner (Dublin) at home to the Connacht runner up (Roscommon) or team that beats them in round 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

megadodge wrote: »
    The papers had it as concussion in the match reports, so surely three weeks should be sufficient time to recover?

I seen that alright but few lads at work said he came into game with a hamstring tweak. Tbh he seemed to walk off normal enough so probably a concussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Was no switching the Irish independent got it wrong.

Munster runner up (Cork) or team that beats team v Connacht runner up (Roscommon) or team that beats them in round 1 played in Croke park

Connacht runner up (Roscommon) or team that beats them in round 2 at home to the Ulster winner (Donegal)

Leinster winner (Dublin) at home to the Connacht runner up (Roscommon) or team that beats them in round 3.

Definitely switched. No question about it. Looked it up on GAA.ie a few weeks ago and it has been changed.

The fixtures diary from months ago has it down as
    Match 1:Connacht Runner up v Munster runner up. Croke Park
    Match 2: Connacht Runner up v Leinster Winner. (Hyde Park)
    Match 3: Ulster Winner v Connacht Runner up. (Ballybofey)

Ian Cooney of Roscommon Herald tweeted that after the Connacht final as well.

Dublin away and Donegal at home suits us better either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Greybottle wrote: »
    Definitely switched. No question about it. Looked it up on GAA.ie a few weeks ago and it has been changed.

The fixtures diary from months ago has it down as
    Match 1:Connacht Runner up v Munster runner up. Croke Park
    Match 2: Connacht Runner up v Leinster Winner. (Hyde Park)
    Match 3: Ulster Winner v Connacht Runner up. (Ballybofey)

Ian Cooney of Roscommon Herald tweeted that after the Connacht final as well.

Dublin away and Donegal at home suits us better either way.

It was not switched that diary was never on GAA.ie the fixtures i posted was. Ian Cooney tweeted the wrong info from Irish independent he has been corrected since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Armagh or kildare for the next round please

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

So the four potential opponents are Tyrone, Monaghan, Armagh and Kildare. Roscommon would love to get either Armagh or Kildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Armagh in round 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Wonder where it will be played?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭paulbok

Wonder where it will be played?

Clones for that game? No Croker this weekend, other 3 matches are North v South counties so possibly for mullingar, Tullamore and portlaoise. Think semple has hurling replay (for hosting one of those 3)

Hyde could get Fermanagh v Kildare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

rossie1977 wrote: »
    3pm on Saturday in Portlaoise

I'll take that, thank you very much.

Was dreading a trip to Enniskillen or Clones.

Double header with Tyrone after us?
    Will sell out quickly I'd imagine.
    Would have expected the Tyrone Cork game to fill a ground like O'Moore on its own

paulbok wrote: »
    Would have expected the Tyrone Cork game to fill a ground like O'Moore on its own

Yeah a double header with Cork v Tyrone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

What's the official capacity?

I can't see Cork bringing many supporters tbh, especially after the Munster final hammering. Would expect a big demand from other 3 counties alright although a 3 pm throw in on a Saturday wont suit a lot of people I would imagine.

I can't see Cork bringing many supporters tbh, especially after the Munster final hammering. Would expect a big demand from other 3 counties alright although a 3 pm throw in on a Saturday wont suit a lot of people I would imagine.
    O'Moore holds 27k afaik.

Armagh and Tyrone games at the weekend didn't have big crowds .Think there was 5500 at Armagh game and 6k at Tyrone game.

It holds well over 20,000. Not sure what the official capacity is exactly. There's no way it will sell out. Cork will bring very small numbers. I'd expect us to be the best supported there. It's a long spin for a game Tyrone will expect to win and is being televised. Throw in time for our game is probably awkward for a lot of people all right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Best possible draw for Roscommon. As long as the mood is right, of course!

Portlaoise definitely used to hold over 30,000 (possibly 35k?). Of course, the Health & Safety Nazis have probably reduced it by stupid numbers like they have elsewhere.

I don't think there's any chance of it being sold out to the tune of 30,000, but 20,000 could make it. Cork will bring very few. Tyrone will have a decent amount, as will Armagh, but I expect Roscommon to have the most support on the day.

Anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

Ticket were on sale at 4pm today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Not likely. Cork's football support is very fickle and the Cork crowd won't be clamouring to buy tickets after a disastrous Munster Final.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Not likely. Cork's football support is very fickle and the Cork crowd won't be clamouring to buy tickets after a disastrous Munster Final.

And there was only 6k at Tyrone v Cavan .In a ground the size of O Moore there will be no problems with tickets.

Ros game is being shown live on RTE News Now.

yabadabado wrote: »
    And there was only 6k at Tyrone v Cavan .In a ground the size of O Moore there will be no problems with tickets.

Ros game is being shown live on RTE News Now.

Didn't realise attendance figures were that low, guess match fatigue, the WC and the good weather are having an affect.

Didn't realise attendance figures were that low, guess match fatigue, the WC and the good weather are having an affect.

I think Ros will have the largest support. Portlaoise is probably the best ground we could have hoped for except Tullamore.
    Be no problem getting a ticket anyways.

Great memories of 2003 v Kildare

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Great memories of 2003 v Kildare

Hard believe that's 15 years ago :eek:
    That ended up being a good year after the toothless performance vs Galway.

Great atmosphere that day and the previous round in Mullingar.

Portlaoise really is the dream venue for us to have gotten, only Tullamore would have been more desirable. The Armagh fans are fairly pissed off with it and it's hard to blame them really.

There isn't a hope of it selling out and there'll be 10,000 max in the ground for throw in of our game I'd imagine. The weather is looking like mid to high 20s on Saturday, so it'll be an energy sapping affair. Hopefully Roscommon fans will travel in big numbers to roar the team on.

Fergal and Ciaran Lennon both still unavailable, Compton is back training apparently but is unlikely to start.

• Advertisement

Saturday at 3pm is a bad time for a lot of supporters and with the game televised I can see plenty giving it a miss.

Hopefully we have plenty of support,great opportunity to get into Super 8.

Advertisement