Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

GAA have confirmed the other 2 fixtures.

Roscommon v Donegal is on Saturday 21st July at 5pm in the Hyde

Dublin v Roscommon is Sunday 5th August at Croke Park.

Regarding whether it is fair that Dublin get 2 home games, I agree that it is not. It's a loophole that benefits them. Croke Park is not and never will be a neutral venue when Dublin are involved. However, they have selected it as their home venue and it is us that are scheduled to play them on that day, we have to deal with it. As it happens, I doubt the venue would make a huge difference to the result, unless we got them on another mucky day in Carrick!

They have enough advantages as it is
    It is not a level or fair fixture schedule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    They have enough advantages as it is
    It is not a level or fair fixture schedule

When the Super 8s were in the planning stage ,it was obvious if Dublin got to it they would play 2 games at Croker.The issue should have been raised then but wasnt and the delegates voted for the system thats in place now.

yabadabado wrote: »
    When the Super 8s were in the planning stage ,it was obvious if Dublin got to it they would play 2 games at Croker.The issue should have been raised then but wasnt and the delegates voted for the system thats in place now.

I doubt the delegates were capable of such foresight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭SouthDublin6w

I doubt the delegates were capable of such foresight

So you'd be ok with Dublin declaring home games for Parnell park.

I think everyone would be OK with that bar the GAA.

• Advertisement

Yes.
    And an equal share of tickets.
    No hill 16 to shout abuse at opponents

Yes.
    And an equal share of tickets.
    No hill 16 to shout abuse at opponents

So hang on your issue is "unfair use of the hill:" to intimidate opponents?

So hang on your issue is "unfair use of the hill:" to intimidate opponents?

When most games are in croke park the Dubs get a much bigger allocation of tickets
    A bigger support gives an advantage
    A game in Parnell would even that up
    13,000 split evenly 6,500 per county

A lot of Dublin fans wouldn't even know how to get to Parnell Park

A lot of Dublin fans wouldn't even know how to get to Parnell Park

Then I'd not consider them Dublin fans. It's never a 50\50 split for tickets. And do you really think smaller counties would give Dublin a half allocation

• Advertisement

Then I'd not consider them Dublin fans. It's never a 50\50 split for tickets. And do you really think smaller counties would give Dublin a half allocation

Why wouldn't it be?
    When tickets are supposedly distributed through clubs there should be an equal split
    E.g. All Ireland final

Why wouldn't it be?
    When tickets are supposedly distributed through clubs there should be an equal split
    E.g. All Ireland final

All Ireland finals aren't a straight split. They average out tickets from what each county requested previously, corporate, season tickets etc

All Ireland finals aren't a straight split. They average out tickets from what each county requested previously, corporate, season tickets etc

Er, no they don't.
    After 10 year tickets, sponsors, every club in Ireland etc
    Then they are split equally
    I've been to enough finals to know

Er, no they don't.
    After 10 year tickets, sponsors, every club in Ireland etc
    Then they are split equally
    I've been to enough finals to know
    I've been to every final since 2009, there is never ever a 50\50 split your talking balls. It goes 4 ways every year. Absolute nonsense

I've been to every final since 2009, there is never ever a 50\50 split your talking balls. It goes 4 ways every year. Absolute nonsense

I never said 50/50 for a final

I said equally.
    Two senior teams get equal share
    Two minor teams get a smaller equal share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Roscommon team to play Tyrone on Saturday named

Dh5pBF9W4AAMiSO?format=jpg

Substitutes

16 James Featherstone Roscommon Gaels
    17 Brian Stack St. Brigid’s
    18 Ciaran Lennon Clann na nGael
    19 Conor Daly Padraig Pearses
    20 Finbar Cregg Western Gaels
    21 Gary Patterson Michael Glavey’s
    22 Ian Kilbride St Brigid’s
    23 Padraig Kelly St Brigid’s
    24 Peter Domican St. Brigid’s
    25 Sean McDermott Western Gaels
    26 Shane Killoran Elphin

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Roscommon team to play Tyrone on Saturday named

Dh5pBF9W4AAMiSO?format=jpg

Good strong squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Seats got for section 331 in Lower Hogan, nice!

Im in 325 myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Sweet seats. We're in 328, way up the very back somewhere, not ideal but they'll do. Looking forward to it, haven't been at HQ since the scutching from the rhubarbs last year, hopefully this will be a more positive outcome, although that wouldn't be hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Sweet seats. We're in 328, way up the very back somewhere, not ideal but they'll do. Looking forward to it, haven't been at HQ since the scutching from the rhubarbs last year, hopefully this will be a more positive outcome, although that wouldn't be hard.

That's where we were for the drawn game last year, it was packed with Rossies and was absolutely brilliant atmosphere.

Any idea how far Row BB is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Any idea how far Row BB is?

From pitchside it goes up from A to Z. It then doubles up from AA to ZZ. In lay mans terms you're in the second row back under the canopy.
    Enjoy.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    From pitchside it goes up from A to Z. It then doubles up from AA to ZZ. In lay mans terms you're in the second row back under the canopy.
    Enjoy.

It's for the son. I'm usually 305 single letters. Never been doubles I know they're under the hang just hope he can see high balls and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It's for the son. I'm usually 305 single letters. Never been doubles I know they're under the hang just hope he can see high balls and stuff.

Never a problem there unless there is some big mutton head sitting directly in front. Myself and the daughter normally take the double letters, from Gg back during the winter league matches so as to get cover. In this weather ye'll be grand.

Goes back as far as V V Iirc and no problem with views whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

You can see perfect back as far as SS. BB is about the perfect row in the lower tier. Personally hate anything lower than about K, hard to see the far side of the field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Lower bowl goes as far back as ww. You can see the whole pitch right at the very back under the over-hang but you can't see the stand opposite side of the field. Lower Hogan has tv every few rows showing the game live right at the back (maybe others stands have too) so it's a great place in a really freezing cold day like the intermediate club final this year.

As far as match goes great to see Ciaran Lennon back on the panel. Hasn't featured in any of the championship games this year after breaking his thumb in training for the first under 20 game. He was tremendous in the league as a target man full forward and gave Roscommon an option they haven't had in that position for a number of years.

• Advertisement

I like the look of that team.
    Much bigger back line

Advertisement