Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Safe travels to everyone going to crocker, should be a mighty day, quinns pub near the stadium is a good spot for before the match if any fellas are looking for a few pints to settle the nerves, up the rosies

I thought us Cavan lads hadn't many visits to Croker but I didn't think there was a person alive on the island over 16 who supports GAA and hasn't heard of Quinns!

Just be prepared for your runners to stick to the floor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I'm still mulling over whether to head up or not.
    Best of luck to the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Tom Mayes the place to be for any Rossie heading to Croker.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I'm still mulling over whether to head up or not.
    Best of luck to the lads.

Great weather. Two matches. Tickets a decent price. Nice chance to enjoy Croker because it won't be jammed. Should be a good atmosphere because its four counties whose football teams don't play there alot.

What's stopping ya!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Lemlin wrote: »
    Great weather. Two matches. Tickets a decent price. Nice chance to enjoy Croker because it won't be jammed. Should be a good atmosphere because its four counties whose football teams don't play there alot.

What's stopping ya!?

And two counties who barely know they have football teams.

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »

I'd be hoping that Tipp bring a few given their recent underage success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What's stopping ya!?
    I'm heading to it but I doubt there will be much of a crowd or an atmosphere.Will be lucky to get 14,000 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭grattanspuds

And having to endure watching Cavan's sleeping-tablet football

yabadabado wrote: »
    I'm heading to it but I doubt there will be much of a crowd or an atmosphere.Will be lucky to get 14,000 imo.

Will be lucky to get 8-10k, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Looking at the Tipp v Clare game, the crowd will be largely dependant on Ros and Cavan supporters making the journey, I'd be surprised if there's 1,000 there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Powerful stuff by the lads there.

Had to laugh at Seanie McDermott in the last minute, some bitta fouling there

Mighty stuff.

Next weekend can cap an incredible start of the year for us.

Congrats on the win lads. The game was in the melting pot and ye took your chances. We didn't.

Definitely a lot for our lads to learn from that game and hopefully it's the kick up the arse they need.

Best of luck next week.

Ps. I have said I rated ye above us all season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Congrats on the win lads. The game was in the melting pot and ye took your chances. We didn't.

Definitely a lot for our lads to learn from that game and hopefully it's the kick up the arse they need.

Best of luck next week.

Ps. I have said I rated ye above us all season!

Agreee with Lemlin. firstly well done to Roscommon you deserved it on the day. You were the hungrier team. Cavan didnt take their scores and some of the team selection has to be questioned.Must say it was a very sporting game...well done again and enjoy the celebrations tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Well done to Roscommon from me too. Better team on the night and good value for the win. Better finishing won it for ye. Was a very enjoyable game played in the right spirit. Nice to see both counties heading in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Consey

Well done Roscommon. Played some good direct football there tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Kilbride and donie shine were both outstanding in the second half. They are two of the most gifted players in the country who frustrate as much as they entertain but today both were on their game and won the match for us.

Its obvious both teams have work to do next yr at the higher level but it would be great if both of us could get to division 1 as well as provincial success because we are both mad football counties. after being on the hill in 97 for the cavan kerry game i think cavan fans might be crazier than us

They don't have anyone that could mark Paddy Joe, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Congrats to Roscommon.

National senior titles are hard to come by whatever the level.

Fair play.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Pure mighty, coming back after the bad start is a good sign, I thought wed be beat with about fifteen minutes to go, cavan had a lot of chances but there forwards wasted them, if we can beat the dirty jacks next itll be some few weeks

• Advertisement

Not quite sure how Shine got MOM, thought Keenan was very good. He gets into good forward positions, got luck with the goal, but if he could improve his shooting he could score 2/3 points a game from wing back.
    Any top team from the past 10 years has had half backs who can kick a score.

Both Dalys can kick scores, particularly Conor. Points have never been David's strong suit, even when he was playing wing forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Congrats to the Rossies, the Connaught Championship needs a strong Roscommon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Well done Ross. Kick on now in the U21 and get back to Croke Park for August one way or the other but ideally the direct route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Im hoping the whole of my county are in Tullamore tomorrow not like the feeble support in Croke Park for the seniors.Best supports in Ireland my arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sting60 wrote: »
    Im hoping the whole of my county are in Tullamore tomorrow not like the feeble support in Croke Park for the seniors.Best supports in Ireland my arse.

The "feeble" support for the seniors was because of the game tomorrow. Not everyone can afford to go to every game.

Do you not remember Ennis 2006 when the county of Clare was flooded with Rossies ?

Three big games, three weekends in a row, is difficult for people to keep dipping into their pockets.

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow.

The "feeble" support for the seniors was because of the game tomorrow. Not everyone can afford to go to every game.

Do you not remember Ennis 2006 when the county of Clare was flooded with Rossies ?
    8 yrs ago, my god.We have to bring man woman and child tomorrow because Dublin think this is a stroll against our terrible manager/defence.

sting60 wrote: »
    8 yrs ago, my god.We have to bring man woman and child tomorrow because Dublin think this is a stroll against our terrible manager/defence.

What? Nigel has done a great job these past three years and our defence is far better than some would have you believe.

The attendance at Croker was fine for what it was, a match in Dublin at 7pm on a Saturday. I got back home at 12:30am after coming straight back. Calm the rhetoric.

• Advertisement

What? Nigel has done a great job these past three years and our defence is far better than some would have you believe.

The attendance at Croker was fine for what it was, a match in Dublin at 7pm on a Saturday. I got back home at 12:30am after coming straight back. Calm the rhetoric.
    His movement of the bench is poor and All counties were happy when asked about the fixture.Clare people outnumbered Roscommon in every pup from what im told and the figures from Croke Park Hotel back that up as more drink was sold for first game than second.Dublin will play four half forwards that is for sure how will he cope.

Advertisement