Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

naughto wrote: »
    How is the pitch holding up under all the rain we are getting any talk of it being switched?

no chance of it getting switched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

yabadabado wrote: »
    no chance of it getting switched.

Is there a parade on tomorrow aswell @ the same time as the game.traffic will be mental if there is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

naughto wrote: »
    Is there a parade on tomorrow aswell @ the same time as the game.traffic will be mental if there is

The parade will be over for hours when the game throws in.

Parade will be over around 1.30 .It will have no affect on the match going crowd unless they drive up main street which is easily avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

WHAT Brian box decided to have a parade on the same day as the match, anyone know if the hyde is in any state for a match tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

WHAT Brian box decided to have a parade on the same day as the match, anyone know if the hyde is in any state for a match tomorrow.

Maybe you should ask, what Brain box decided to have a match on the same day as the very long-standing traditional Easter parade, which will probably be the biggest ever this year due to the 1916 centenary celebrations?

Anyway, the parade starts at noon, so it will be well over by the time the match crowd start filtering in.

And the Hyde is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Impossible to know Tom, but possibly the same Brian who organises the parade every Easter Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Impossible to know Tom, but possibly the same Brian who organises the parade every Easter Sunday!

i think its an new brian , the old brian used to just organise parades on the 17th of march :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

i think its an new brian , the old brian used to just organise parades on the 17th of march :)

No parade in Roscommon on the 17th. Always on at Easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    No parade in Roscommon on the 17th. Always on at Easter.

must be a different brian i am thinking of so.....

• Advertisement

That Brian is some ape, should have moved Easter to accommodate the NFL game.Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

megadodge wrote: »
    Maybe you should ask, what Brain box decided to have a match on the same day as the very long-standing traditional Easter parade, which will probably be the biggest ever this year due to the 1916 centenary celebrations?

Anyway, the parade starts at noon, so it will be well over by the time the match crowd start filtering in.

And the Hyde is fine.

The more u keep saying the hyde is fine the less I believe you.any fueld that has got this much rain is going to be fu1cked.
    Please tell me they cut the grass or at least let the sheep in for a few days

The Hyde is fine, obviously the last 24 hours of rain won't have helped but it will be as good or better than pitches we have played on already this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

rossie1977 wrote: »

Yep
    Still looks like a dump

Old time or new time ?

GMT

yabadabado wrote: »
    GMT

So old time then.
    New time is IST some call it, or BST if you like.

So the parade is ending at 2.30 IST, same time as throw in

So old time then.
    New time is IST, or BST if you like.

So the parade is ending at 2.30 IST, same time as throw in

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Yep
    Still looks like a dump

At least there isn't barn roof supports in the way of seeing our dump.

Syferus wrote: »
    At least there isn't barn roof supports in the way of seeing our dump.
    Touché.

I can't wait for 2.30 GMT +1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Have to say the niggle between the two counties has added to the edge of this game. I've been looking forward to it all week.

Now remember lads if you win its because you are better, but if you don't win then it's only the league/march/Roscommon/Mayo.
    I'm looking forward to a good game. I think the day that's in it will add to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

In which minute will be the first chanting of "We are Ros".
    Anyone know when that chant started? Late 70s with teenagers at Graveyard end in Hyde?
    It's the only chant outside of Dublins "Come on you boys in blue".
    Meath try "Boys in Green now and then".
    Actually love that chant though "We are, we are, we are Ros".

In which minute will be the first chanting of "We are Ros".
    Anyone know when that chant started? Late 70s with teenagers at Graveyard end in Hyde?
    It's the only chant outside of Dublins "Come on you boys in blue".
    Meath try "Boys in Green now and then".
    Actually love that chant though "We are, we are, we are Ros".

I think you're not far off there.

Haven't heard it much in recent years to be honest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

In which minute will be the first chanting of "We are Ros". Anyone know when that chant started? Late 70s with teenagers at Graveyard end in Hyde? It's the only chant outside of Dublins "Come on you boys in blue". Meath try "Boys in Green now and then". Actually love that chant though "We are, we are, we are Ros".

Chanting or ranting?

It's f*cking spilling a mixture of rain and hailstones here right now. I live only a few hundred yards from the Hyde. I hope it doesn't ruin the game.

megadodge wrote: »
    It's f*cking spilling a mixture of rain and hailstones here right now. I live only a few hundred yards from the Hyde. I hope it doesn't ruin the game.

Ah give over, you should be grateful that the weather has stayed OK and that the game is still only a few hundred yards from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Stoner wrote: »
    Have to say the niggle between the two counties has added to the edge of this game. I've been looking forward to it all week.

Now remember lads if you win its because you are better, but if you don't win then it's only the league/march/Roscommon/Mayo.
    I'm looking forward to a food game. I think the day that's in it will add to it.

+ 1

I'm looking forward to this, more than I did our own game last night. Not too sure how to feel about that. :rolleyes:

The studied nonchalance from both sides, pretending not to care about getting the win, is funny. I'm feckin' delighted any time we beat Kerry or Meath....doesn't matter when or where !

Gonna go with a narrow Mayo win by 1-3 pts. Roscommon will stick with them for most of the game, but Mayo have enough experience and cuteness to see the game out.

2016 and the Rossies can't even get the basics of gardening right.

That pitch is a joke.

Oh, well done on yer first score by the way, 23 mins in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

That pitch is a joke.
    Pitch is a disgrace but it suits the big, galloping, apemen of Mayo rather than the silky skilled, Cruyffian Rossies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Going to be a close one.

Kerry well on top in Clones.

Advertisement