Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

McStay appointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

I am Jack's total lack of surprise.

Now that that's over, let's hope the players row in behind him and the stories of just under half of them wanting a change don't cause more tension and unrest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

On a more positive note the turf is going to be laid on the pitch in the next week.

Turf is already being put down

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Turf is already being put down

Yeah started it Wednesday AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Pique wrote: »

Now that that's over, let's hope the players row in behind him and the stories of just under half of them wanting a change don't cause more tension and unrest.
    Those stories were apparently unfounded according to the county board meeting last night.

The rumours I heard were started by non rossie troll on their fan forum. The Indo journalists jumped right in which doesn't say much for their accurate news..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Those stories were apparently unfounded according to the county board meeting last night.

The rumours I heard were started by a non rossie troll on their fan forum. The Indo journalists jumped right in which doesn't say much for their accurate news..

The rumours I heard were started by a non rossie troll on their fan forum. The Indo journalists jumped right in which doesn't say much for their accurate news..

just shows where their sources are!

http://youtu.be/9g5FZVbHcZU

Laying of the pitch.Great to finally have it done hopefully that's the end of pissing about with different grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Will it be fit to be played on, a mere 3 1/2 months from now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Will it be fit to be played on, a mere 3 1/2 months from now?

Well that's the plan. The grass has to embed but it was already growing before it was even laid. The whole idea of this method was to make sure it was ready for the league in February. I know initially the grass was to be laid in September, but it was held up due to weather I believe, so hopefully the extra month won't have any serious bearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Normally I'd be inclined to believe you, but unfortunately my source got it directly from a prominent player that over half weren't happy.

Hopefully they can put it behind them and just get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Watching your county final ,have you not got better referees in Roscommon? This one is really poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Watching your county final ,have you not got better referees in Roscommon? This one is really poor

Is the ref even from Roscommon..regardless the standard of refereeing across the country is very poor right now

Just noticed that half a dozen of the players starting todays county final either were injured, not fit enough or in america during the championship this year, when you already have one of the smallest picks in the country that's simply not good enough.

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Hes certainly not the best ref in the county (he is from the county)but he's well regarded. Has stepped up in the last few years to intercounty duties mainly linesman etc.
    He was poor today and seemed to lose the run of the game several times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

I was at the County Final yesterday. I hate Kiltoom way too far to walk and parking is a problem. That said referee was ok, maybe a bit intimidated, that said I'd hate to have to deal with Cake and Frankie. Best Roscommon Co Final Programme Ever by miles, it was a credit to them. I loved all the stuff in it.

Any idea on the crowd? I'd say less than 2,000 did TV have an impact on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

Ah come on, referee wasn't great man. And I was neutral spectator. It was a throwback to 20 years ago when a ref would just throw the ball up among 7-8 players. He should have insisted on just 2 players for throw up and put everyone else back a few steps. there were a few occasions in the first half when Pearses were entitled to a free and play was just waved on when Brigids took possession.

He did seem to rectify some of these decisions in the second half when he started to give a bit more to the Pearse's lads. Fair play to both teams for a great effort, Brigids could be hard beat as they progress. Corofin will be looking forward to a dual if it were to happen.

I was at the County Final yesterday. I hate Kiltoom way too far to walk and parking is a problem. That said referee was ok, maybe a bit intimidated, that said I'd hate to have to deal with Cake and Frankie.Best Roscommon Co Final Programme Ever by miles, it was a credit to them. I loved all the stuff in it.

Any idea on the crowd? I'd say less than 2,000 did TV have an impact on it?

Did they not have parking on the back pitches ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

McStay wasn't in attendance yesterday according to TG4, why was that I wonder? Not stirring sh*t just genuinely curious

Roscommon county finals never get a big crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

price690 wrote: »
    McStay wasn't in attendance yesterday according to TG4, why was that I wonder? Not stirring sh*t just genuinely curious

Their mistake, he was at the game.

Roscommon county finals never get a big crowd
    7k at last years final but that probably had a lot to do with Clann's first appearance in 17 years.

supposed to be around 3000 at yesterdays game,no idea how accurate that figure is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

yabadabado wrote: »
    7k at last years final but that probably had a lot to do with Clann's first appearance in 17 years.

supposed to be around 3000 at yesterdays game,no idea how accurate that figure is.

Mother of god, 17 years!!! (You are right but, amazing that it had taken them that long)

Back in around 1994-2001 they had a very strong underage system, then Brigid's lads, many of whom would have been beaten by Clann in U12s , U14 U16 etc just ran away with the minors and U21s

there are enough people in Monksland for a separate club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

If the Westmeath Council get their way, that would be in the Westmeath championship.

If the Westmeath Council get their way, that would be in the Westmeath championship.

not for GAA. Sure we already have a big town actually inside Co Roscommon playing in Mayo!

anyway, back to reality

not for GAA. Sure we already have a big town actually inside Co Roscommon playing in Mayo!

anyway, back to reality
    second biggest town in the county I think ? A certain **** has always done all he can prevent people setting up a new club.

Pitch fully laid in the Hyde now.Fine looking job,it good to have that fiasco sorted at last.
    They now need to get the other jobs done to get connacht finals back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

What was the story with Kilmore? Beat Oran and have to play Connaght the next day? Disgrace

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    What was the story with Kilmore? Beat Oran and have to play Connaght the next day? Disgrace

Beat Oran after extra time and back on the pitch within 24 hours .Their club president died The same weekend and Connacht Council refused to postpone the game.

On both issues CC should be ashamed of themselves.

Advertisement