Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs 2011/12 Team Talk,Gossip & Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Badly needed rest for the lads this weekend shame Sandro and Gallas got injured, hopefully parker can be back for Everton we need him in Midfield badly.

Tomorrow though I''m hoping for a line up of

Cudicini
    Fredricks--Dawson--Bassong--Rose

Lennon--Livermore--Carroll--Pieenar
    Kranj
    Pav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hope Modric isn't even in the stadium, I have a feeling Arry will have him on the bench though. Walker also needs a rest but I recall Arry playing BAE in unimportant cup games last season when there was no senior replacement. Also don't think Livermore should be risked, we can't afford another CM in the physio room.

THFC wrote: »
    Hope Modric isn't even in the stadium, I have a feeling Arry will have him on the bench though. Walker also needs a rest but I recall Arry playing BAE in unimportant cup games last season when there was no senior replacement. Also don't think Livermore should be risked, we can't afford another CM in the physio room.
    Im not sure how successful a midfield without him would be maybe we could bring in luongo(played in the CC v Stoke) he's excelled in the next gen series.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2083939/Harry-Redknapp-rocked-Ledley-King-KO.html
    Harry Redknapp will target a central defender this month after he revealed Ledley King has torn a hamstring.

The Tottenham manager has long been an admirer of Blackburn’s Christopher Samba and is also considering a move for 22-year-old West Ham defender James Tomkins. King, 31, could spend at least another eight weeks on the sidelines after he tore the muscle in training on Friday.

The Spurs defender missed the majority of the Christmas period with the chronic knee problems that have plagued his career and has not played since the 1-1 draw with Chelsea on December 22.

article-0-0E67051000000578-278_468x308.jpg Not again: Ledley King has been sidelined by a torn hamstring

bttn_football_twittertottenham.png

It leave Redknapp with just Michael Dawson, Sebastien Bassong and Younes Kaboul to choose from in central defence.

And Redknapp said: ‘Ledley did his hamstring in training on Friday. He came out, had an easy jog and it went. The only options I have got are Dawson, Bassong and Kaboul. There is no-one else.’
    Redknapp is already missing another of his centre halves, William Gallas, who tore a calf muscle in Tottenham’s 1-0 win against West Bromwich last week.

Dawson’s appearance in Spurs’ 3-0 FA Cup win over Cheltenham on Saturday was his first start since August.
    article-0-0F5BF42E00000578-456_306x441.jpg Target man: Chris Samba is set to leave Blackburn

But the 28-year-old, who had surgery on his right achilles tendon, said he believes Tottenham still have the squad to deal with so many injuries at the back.
    Currently third in the Barclays Premier League table, Dawson said: ‘The gaffer rested 11 of the players who played in the last Premier League game (against West Bromwich), so he’s shown that he’s got the squad here.’

Redknapp confirmed that he expects Giovani Dos Santos, who scored along with Roman Pavlyuchenko and Jermain Defoe in the Cup win, to move on in the January transfer window.

He said: ‘He’ll probably move but it’s got to be the right offer. He’s looking to go so we’ll see what happens.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2083939/Harry-Redknapp-rocked-Ledley-King-KO.html#ixzz1iuGDBp50

If true I wouldn't be surprised to see us bid for samba or up the bid for cahill although Cahills wage demands probably mean that won't happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Id take Samba over Cahill all day long..pity about King im always confident of a win when he plays for us..if i had the choice id go for Vertonghen of Ajax quality defender.

Dailymail says 8 weeks but other outlets saying king Gallas and Sandro back in 2-3 weeks.

Tottenham XI v Everton: Friedel; Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Ben A-k; Lennon, Livermore, Modric, Bale; Van der Vaart; Adebayor

COYS!
    Scrappy 1 nil win will do let's just not drop points bad feeling Everton could win here with our weak midfield

Great game we were always in control which was fantastic two lovely goals should of had a peno first half but so should Everton second half so evened out.

joint second damn you Goal Difference!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

A 9pt cushion in the Champions League spaces, that is what everyone will be hoping for, anything after that and it is a major bonus.

Wolves and Wigan to balance off playing Man City and Liverpool in the next 4 league games, so long as they pick up the bread and butter points anything gained from the other two can further cement the current position.

A home game against Newcastle followed by Arsenal and Man Utd in quick succession, come the evening of March 3rd we will all have a great picture of how Spurs season will fare.

After the Chelsea game you have to love looking at the run in for Spurs, all the big guns out of the way by then, if they are still in with a chance by then, they will be in with a great chance.

As a Blackburn fan, signing Samba would be a huge boost to the team, he is immense,you'd have to think he would want better than QPR, even with the lure of Hughes, he deserves better.

A 9pt cushion in the Champions League spaces, that is what everyone will be hoping for, anything after that and it is a major bonus.

Wolves and Wigan to balance off playing Man City and Liverpool in the next 4 league games, so long as they pick up the bread and butter points anything gained from the other two can further cement the current position.

A home game against Newcastle followed by Arsenal and Man Utd in quick succession, come the evening of March 3rd we will all have a great picture of how Spurs season will fare.

After the Chelsea game you have to love looking at the run in for Spurs, all the big guns out of the way by then, if they are still in with a chance by then, they will be in with a great chance.

As a Blackburn fan, signing Samba would be a huge boost to the team, he is immense,you'd have to think he would want better than QPR, even with the lure of Hughes, he deserves better.
    Ya some tough games in there but hopefully we can win some of the big games and really pile on the pressure I prefer looking up then back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

I prefer looking up than back!

It's a strange feeling doing that as a Spurs fan, though! Long may it continue but I'd still happily settle for a top four place.

What do people think about the possible arrival or Loic Remy... Would he help bring us to the next level? Personally I'd like to see him come in, but I don't know if that would unsettle Adebayor (even if he himself is just on loan).

Our fourth round tie has been picked by ESPN for live coverage, 7:45 kick off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

As an Arsenal fan I should hate the man, but I have to say I find him endearing - sweets - bless

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12257958

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭eversmann

Anybody rate Junior hoillet as backup for Lennon? Especially if Krancjar moves on.

Couple of new players on twitter

Bale and Kranj ones fake :(

Benoit Assou-Ekotto @AssouEkotto

Younes Kaboul @YounsKabs4

Kyle Walker @kyle28walker

We have signed a STRIKER!!!!!

Steffan Iversons son :P he's 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

article-2094510-118A409A000005DC-29_634x402.jpg

Stats from last night.
    Modric stats from yesterday - 1 goal, 1 assist, 6 key passes, 111 touches, 90/97 successful passes (93%).

Passing stats: BAE 100 passes at 92% completion, Modric 97 @ 93%, Parker 74 @ 96%, Kaboul 74 @ 92%, Kranjcar 71 @ 89%, King 67 @ 97%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

As a fan looking in from the outside, I cannot understand Spurs signing Saha and Nelsen.

I'm sorry to see Nelsen leaving Rovers but in no way is he Spurs quality. Maybe three seasons ago he was but age has caught up with him at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Redknapp brought in a several players supposedly past it at Portsmouth who revitalised their careers. Those signings don’t exactly thrill me as a Spurs supporter, then again you don’t buy big in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Well I'd rather have Saha than Pav.Think Saha's experience will add more to the squad.Bit **** about Van der Vaart but sire what can ya do.Nelson is a reliable too! we are fine with the squad we have at the minute, wait until the summer to buy big

Van der Vaart and Walker came off as precautions yesterday bouth fine.

On the transfers both are six month deals when Caulker comes back from Swansea he'll take Nelsen's place and then we can go out and buy the striker we want instead of panic buying in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is Nelsen recovered from his serious injury?

JPA wrote: »
    Is Nelsen recovered from his serious injury?
    No Idea i'm sure he would of had to do a medical though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You can do a medical if injured.

Pretty sure they're looking for serious underlying conditions, rather than your actual physical state at that minute.

• Advertisement

Team for tonight

Tottenham XI -
    Miles -
    Barthram - Stewart - Veljkovic - Nicholson
    -- Luongo - Munns - Coulthirst
    - Gomelt - Coulibaly - Pritchard

Think this is how we will line up tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Redknapp brought in a several players supposedly past it at Portsmouth who revitalised their careers. Those signings don’t exactly thrill me as a Spurs supporter, then again you don’t buy big in January.

I don't think those lads were at Nelsen's age though were they? Nelsen is 34 and has only played one game all season due to a string of injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think those lads were at Nelsen's age though were they? Nelsen is 34 and has only played one game all season due to a string of injuries.

It's highly unlikely that Nelsen will be required to play a game. He is behind King, Kaboul, Dawson and Gallas in the pecking order. Bassong is a fine defender but he needs a run of games to play at his best - when he was required for just a game here and there he was always dodgy.. Nelsen can only be an upgrade for the situation of emergency back-up. As everdead.ie pointed out Caulker will return from his Swansea loan next season to take up one of the CB spots. I've no problem with the Nelsen signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lemlin wrote: »

Sheringham and Merson must have been into there twillight years, they did okay.

The judge has said the evidence against Harry is weak so I'm guessing that means he'll walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

So who ye going to get to replace arry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

poolboy wrote: »
    So who ye going to get to replace arry :D

Wow some people are easily amused, who will replace Kenny when he eventually gets the chop? (presuming you support them).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Wow some people are easily amused, who will replace Kenny when he eventually gets the chop? (presuming you support them).

In all seriousness he does look likely to leave in the next few months now.
    It's probably a kick in the balls for Spurs fans so I can understand the frustration.

amiable wrote: »
    In all seriousness he does look likely to leave in the next few months now.
    It's probably a kick in the balls for Spurs fans so I can understand the frustration.

Yupp very frustrating, and it was the big smiley face that got to me, it was taking the piss really.

Eden hazard has agreed terms with spurs is trending on twitter in the uk atm
    i dont know how reliable it is but he'd be one hell of a signing...also trending in france hmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Eden hazard has agreed terms with spurs is trending on twitter in the uk atm
    i dont know how reliable it is but he'd be one hell of a signing...also trending in france hmm

That would be so depressing, I'd love to see him at Arsenal and if we didn't get him would prefer to see a bigger club snap him up!

Just twitter talk atm really but he'd suit our style of play big time..just have to wait and see i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just twitter talk atm really but he'd suit our style of play big time..just have to wait and see i suppose.

He's suit a lot of teams though and I think everyone's interested. Don't think Arsenal have a chance though, unless he wants to play for Wenger.

Link here.

France Football reporting it but seeing as no transfer fee has been agreed it'd be a case of proper tapping up wouldnt it?

Maybe its been all agreed already?

• Advertisement

Hazard quote from Belgian tv

"Peut-être que ce sera Tottenham. C'est un grand club anglais. J'ai dit que j'irai en Angleterre et il y a de très bons joueurs."

Maybe it will be Tottenham. They're a big English club. I've said that I'll go to England and they have some great players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

greendom wrote: »
    Hazard quote from Belgian tv

"Peut-être que ce sera Tottenham. C'est un grand club anglais. J'ai dit que j'irai en Angleterre et il y a de très bons joueurs."

Maybe it will be Tottenham. They're a big English club. I've said that I'll go to England and they have some great players.

Nah, if he didn't move in Janurary, he won't decide till summer. It just wouldn't make any sense.

gosplan wrote: »
    Nah, if he didn't move in Janurary, he won't decide till summer. It just wouldn't make any sense.

Sounds like he's just adding another iron to the fire.

France Football reporting it but seeing as no transfer fee has been agreed it'd be a case of proper tapping up wouldnt it?

Something may have been agreed behind the scenes.

This should come with a health warning as I've seen France Football announce signings before that didn't happen.

It doesn't mean the won't sign Hazard either

gosplan wrote: »

Like Shaqiri to Bayern?

Looks like we have signed Bruno Uvini from Sao Paolo hes coming over for training now but won't be registered until the summer window. Brazilian defender with an Italian passport.

Fantastic Documentry on our Centenary and History!

Rowe at the end I got choked up just watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

apparently it was Arsenal Hazard was talking about not Spurs, Dream on lol

apparently it was Arsenal Hazard was talking about not Spurs, Dream on lol

Don't think he will move to a team not in the champions league to be honest.

• Advertisement

Spurs have 17 year old Christian Ramirez on a 10 day trial after he excelled in last years u17 world cup.

This follows a lot of similar deals inthe last two years to get players when they are young and cheap.

Advertisement