Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

• 31-07-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

So doomsday is drawing ever closer.....am I the only one who cannot stop thinking about the results??

Just wondering have yere schools been in contact about what time we can collect them or if there are any other people out there who STILL HAVENT been given their online pin for getting the results from the SEC website?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Our school gave us our pins with our certs and stuff at the Grad Mass. We also got a letter after the exams saying we can collect our results from 9am onwards, most schools are the same time.

Ring your school to see about getting your pin sent out in the post if you're not able to collect the results yourself.

And for the love of god, PLEASE do not use this as a daily countdown. That will only add to people's stress and anxiety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

gruffler91 wrote: »
    So doomsday is drawing ever closer.....am I the only one who cannot stop thinking about the results??

Just wondering have yere schools been in contact about what time we can collect them or if there are any other people out there who STILL HAVENT been given their online pin for getting the results from the SEC website?

didn't get pin either, best to ring the school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I was fine until people started posting ''3 weeks til results'' statuses on Facebook. Now I'm like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

And for the love of god, PLEASE do not use this as a daily countdown. That will only add to people's stress and anxiety.

1st of august tomorrow. im going to update this thread everyday

-17 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I'm really nervous. Like most people, I haven't a clue how I've done. My guessing range for points has 150 between the lowest and highest.

SO NERVOUS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Our school gave us our pins with our certs and stuff at the Grad Mass. We also got a letter after the exams saying we can collect our results from 9am onwards, most schools are the same time.

Ring your school to see about getting your pin sent out in the post if you're not able to collect the results yourself.

In my school, we're allowed to collect them from 8am onwards. We were given our pins before the exams started. One phonecall and you'll be sorted.

And +1 to the daily countdown thing. People are stressed enough without coming on here and reading the crap that will (inevitably) be posted my some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

Not too nevous about points really because my course isn't too high. Thinking about failing Maths (H) is the only real worry I have.

I have a big range in my predictions, as I have no clue how I have done really. The main thing I want is to be happy with my results and not feel let down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I thought I'd be out of my head with stress at this stage, normally the hardest part I've found isn't doing the study / exams, it's waiting for the report that follows. I suppose knowing the exact date and time I'll get my results and the fact that I can't know till then pretty means no stress, I'm lucky in that I was happy with my exams + my effort so whatever happens, fúck it.

Don't do the timer, it's pretty stupid, for those who want to count it's easy enough to count, doesn't need a topic for us to keep track in case people somehow forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

GSI wrote: »
    1st of august tomorrow. im going to update this thread everyday

-17 days

please don't. let me enjoy my youth without that reminder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Despite my previous post, I now don't want my 1st choice! :/

It was 540 last year and 550 the year before. I do want the course, just don't want to go to the place any more! :cool:

Chances are I wont get it, so 535 or less would be great (but still need 475+ for no.2) and for the points for no.1 to stay the same!

maaan what a crap situation :P :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

We got letters with our pins in school in May, I took a picture of my pin because I knew I'd lose it! :P
    Does everyone plan on going into school & opening their results there? A lot of my friends are going to get them early, then go home and open them in case they don't get what they want, they don't want to be surrounded by people celebrating! I'm at a loss to what to do..

ChloeElla wrote: »
    We got letters with our pins in school in May, I took a picture of my pin because I knew I'd lose it! :P
    Does everyone plan on going into school & opening their results there? A lot of my friends are going to get them early, then go home and open them in case they don't get what they want, they don't want to be surrounded by people celebrating! I'm at a loss to what to do..

I'm not gonna open my results in school anyway...I'm pretty certain I'll be disappointed though, and I'm not planning on telling any of my friends what I get. It's nobody elses business, and the last thing anyone needs is happy people everywhere if you're not entirely happy yourself.

I'll open them in the car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Not meaning to be harsh but if you dont want to see a countdown, dont go into a thread named "Countdown to LC Results 2011." Just ignore the thread and get on with your life as if the results arent coming out. I understand not wanting to acknowledge our impending results but not everyone feels that way. I think it deserves a countdown. Its a big event in our lives! Might as well build up the tension. Having said that...16 days! :p

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Not meaning to be harsh but if you dont want to see a countdown, dont go into a thread named "Countdown to LC Results 2011." Just ignore the thread and get on with your life as if the results arent coming out. I understand not wanting to acknowledge our impending results but not everyone feels that way. I think it deserves a countdown. Its a big event in our lives! Might as well build up the tension. Having said that...16 days! :p

It's not just a countdown thread, there is talk about results here as well.

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I'm not gonna open my results in school anyway...I'm pretty certain I'll be disappointed though, and I'm not planning on telling any of my friends what I get. It's nobody elses business, and the last thing anyone needs is happy people everywhere if you're not entirely happy yourself.

I'll open them in the car!

I'd prefer to open them with my friends,not to compare results or anything, but just because I'd like to be together for it! And I don't want to have to wait to drive home to open them, I also don't wanna do it in front of my mum! I know one girl though who got told by her principal that she hadn't got the points she needed as he handed over the envelope... They really shouldn't do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

It's not just a countdown thread, there is talk about results here as well.

Hi guys, apologies about the title of the thread! It wasn't my intention to make this thread a day by day countdown, I was simply looking for the experience of others with regards to the pin numbers & the time we can collect the results. :)

My school was open for all of July but I didn't want to make contact as I presumed the office staff would be sending out the pins during that time. As luck would have it the school is now closed so its pointless to phone them I'd say. Hopefully the school will be open the days leading up to the 17th but if not all the people in my year will probably all decide a time together through facebook to call down to the school on the morning of the results and just go with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Well then I apologise. I thought that given the title that was what this thread was intended as. Since the OP didnt actually mean it as a countdown ignore my earlier post :)

I dont know what I'm going to do about getting my results. I think I'll get them in school but if I dont get what I want I don't want to be surrounded by my friends/teachers. I wouldn't even want to have to endure the car journey home with my ma or da. I think getting them in school is the earliest way of getting them and I dont want to have to wait around either!

ChloeElla wrote: »
    I'd prefer to open them with my friends,not to compare results or anything, but just because I'd like to be together for it! And I don't want to have to wait to drive home to open them, I also don't wanna do it in front of my mum! I know one girl though who got told by her principal that she hadn't got the points she needed as he handed over the envelope... They really shouldn't do that!

Wouldn't really trust some people not to compare results behind my back:(

That happened to my cousin too! She was handed her envelope and told she hadn't got the points for her first choice. She didn't mind about the results, because she equally loved her second choice. She was very annoyed with the principal though and rightly so. She got a proper apology from them though.

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Wouldn't really trust some people not to compare results behind my back:(

That happened to my cousin too! She was handed her envelope and told she hadn't got the points for her first choice. She didn't mind about the results, because she equally loved her second choice. She was very annoyed with the principal though and rightly so. She got a proper apology from them though.

I have three cousins who just did the LC with me in my school, all on my mum's side, so while our families (hopefully) won't make any comparisons to our faces, it's still a lot of pressure between us!

God, I'd be furious if someone handed me my results saying something like that! I hate the fact that I'm not the first to see my results.. And that most of my exams are probably corrected by now! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I was fine until my mam started stressing out about me failing :( Thanks mam, I really need that >_<

I think I should be ok. Hopefully :P

Does anyone have a backup plan in the event that they fail? I don't know what I could do if I screwed up.

I was an external candidate so my results are coming by post. I had half planned to wait at the entrance to my estate for the post man but there's a new guy lately and he doesn't know me at all so that won't work. I'll have the laptop ready and waiting for whatever time the results come out. Actually, does anyone know the time? I can't remember :o

• Advertisement

Aoifums wrote: »
    I was fine until my mam started stressing out about me failing :( Thanks mam, I really need that >_<

I think I should be ok. Hopefully :P

Does anyone have a backup plan in the event that they fail? I don't know what I could do if I screwed up.

I was an external candidate so my results are coming by post. I had half planned to wait at the entrance to my estate for the post man but there's a new guy lately and he doesn't know me at all so that won't work. I'll have the laptop ready and waiting for whatever time the results come out. Actually, does anyone know the time? I can't remember :o

You can get them online from 12pm on the 17th! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paramorelover

I actually feel sick every time I think about results! I need 550 but i have no idea how I did! I'm going to open my envelope in the car...easier than being surrounded by people who I know will want to compare results.
    For my Junior Certificate my principal pretty much told me what I got before I opened the envelope. She started going on about how some people did really well (like,really well) and when she handed me my envelope she gave me this big nod and smile and I was like "Really?" and she said yes. Needless to say, I didn't mind! I almost regret doing that well in the JC due to the fact that everyone now expects so much from me in the LC! :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

You can get them online from 12pm on the 17th! :)

12pm :eek: That's way later than everyone else :( Thanks btw

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I opened my Junior Cert results at the top of the stairs in my school, I barely saw them when loads of students, some a few years younger that I never spoke to!, started crowding around bugging me!

As for the the leaving cert results I'm going to open them in school, but on my own, and I won't ask anyone what they got bar my closer friends. If people ask me, I'll answer, unless I'm gutted with the results! I got snapped at when I asked a friend how she got on in Maths in the mocks... bloody women!

And btw, do you count up your points on the spot when you're reading through the report card, or does it say it on the report card, or does the principal/vice principal tell you?

brian93 wrote: »

And btw, do you count up your points on the spot when you're reading through the report card, or does it say it on the report card, or does the principal/vice principal tell you?

From what I've heard you just get your grades e.g A2 or B3 etc and on the other side of the sheet it lists the grades & their corresponding points e.g. A2= 90 points. Its up to you to add up the total though.

I downloaded a really cool free app from itunes called LC points calculator and I'm going to use that on the morning of the results. Would reccommend it if you have an iphone or ipod touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I actually get a small bit of what feels like an adrenaline rush just thinking about opening up my results. Extremely nervous, and I'm glad there's more like me! :P I actually can't wait for the results though, I just want to know...

HURRY ON TIME!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I have the very same app, used it a million times before the leaving! I'll pop it out on the 17th :D

so do we get our results off the cao website?? if its like the junior cert i didnt get a code thing to enter to get my results..:confused:

xaoifsx wrote: »
    so do we get our results off the cao website?? if its like the junior cert i didnt get a code thing to enter to get my results..:confused:

Nope, you get them from the SEC website. Ya you will need a pin, the school should have given it to you, but lots of schools didn't bother giving them out or forgot to, including my own.

You can also get the results directly from the school by calling down the morning of the 17th.

• Advertisement

gruffler91 wrote: »
    Nope, you get them from the SEC website. Ya you will need a pin, the school should have given it to you, but lots of schools didn't bother giving them out or forgot to, including my own.

You can also get the results directly from the school by calling down the morning of the 17th.

ya i knew there was something missing.. well i can get them from the school no prob.. just wondering for a few of my friends who won't be in the country for the 17th!

i say u can just ring the school up any day now and they will give it to you?

Advertisement