Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

szybki wrote: »
    Why it cannot be tomorrow ?
    Or today. . .

6 days 33 minutes and 25 seconds ( or 520 000 seconds) until the results are posted online.
    I'm getting slightly obsessed with this result thing :/
    You have it timed to the second? Which means you're organised. . . I think we should be friends :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's going to be such an anti-climax, you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

6 days 33 minutes and 25 seconds ( or 520 000 seconds) until the results are posted online.
    I'm getting slightly obsessed with this result thing :/

Dude if you keep this up you're going to stress yourself out to breaking point..Take a walk and do something outdoors, It's highly therapeutic and mentally satisfying to relieve the anxiety of the prospect of results, trust me It works last week I was very stressed and losing sleep, The prospect of results doesn't bother me now and I Just woke 10 minutes ago, Nice to sleep in again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Even though I know it's in a few days, and it has been bothering me a bit, it still doesnt feel like this is what we've been working towards...Just me?

• Advertisement

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    Even though I know it's in a few days, and it has been bothering me a bit, it still doesnt feel like this is what we've been working towards...Just me?

Not just you. I kinda dunno what to make of it like

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Not just you. I kinda dunno what to make of it like

Its not going to fully hit me until afterwards I dont think. I thought I would've been much more nervous tbh.

Its not going to fully hit me until afterwards I dont think. I thought I would've been much more nervous tbh.

I kinda am nervous. In case I don't get what I wanted since I was 14 like

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

What's the deal with picking up your results at the school? What time can I go in?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    What's the deal with picking up your results at the school? What time can I go in?

I think 9AM is the most likely time.. Try ring your school & find out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 RainbowDrops

Definitely not just you, it hasn't hit me yet at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

spurious wrote: »
    It's going to be such an anti-climax, you know.
    It's the case for everything to do with the LC exams, it seems! :pac: Start the exams "god, sure that wasn't too bad, eh?" Finish the exams "jayzuz, sure they went alright, didn't they?"

Hopefully the same attitude will reappear after the results. :o

jumpguy wrote: »
    It's the case for everything to do with the LC exams, it seems! :pac: Start the exams "god, sure that wasn't too bad, eh?" Finish the exams "jayzuz, sure they went alright, didn't they?"

Touch wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

it has just hit me today and im like getting really nervous! :/ i just hope i get what i need! :/:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

szybki wrote: »
    Why it cannot be tomorrow ?

I feel the exact same, although with two day's i have become less stressed.. I'd say that morning i will find every distraction under the sun to stop me from going in to collect them early.. I will be so nervous... ha. best of luck to you.. I hope you get what you want. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

" so alan when the resullts out?" "6 days" "you ready for them??" (getting pretty sick of this :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

ak4 wrote: »
    " so alan when the resullts out?" "6 days" "you ready for them??" (getting pretty sick of this :( )

Ha i get the same. it's not long now tho.. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

jumpguy wrote: »

It's a long time now since I got mine (1980), but I can still remember the kind of empty feeling afterwards. You get so wound up the morning of the results and then 'bang' - that's it - they can't be changed now - that's what you got.

It's like - is this what it was all about? Then there is another bit of a buzz as the course offers come in, followed by lots of shouting upstairs on buses about what you and your friends got :) then college starts and it all seems a long way away.

Next year of course you get to watch the next crop go through the same.

We didn't go drinking in my day, mainly because we would have almost all been under 18 and wouldn't have been let in anywhere, but also we didn't go drinking to get drunk in those days - we went to the far more exciting 'Rocky II' in the Green cinema on Stephen's green - I think I was home by nine.

it has just hit me today and im like getting really nervous! :/ i just hope i get what i need! :/:confused:

Which is? (I'm nosey like that)

Every bloody day.

• Advertisement

Every bloody day.

"you nervous yet"
    "yee "
    "ah ul be grand"
    yeee like that helps

"you nervous yet"
    "yee "
    "ah ul be grand"
    yeee like that helps

'how are you?'
    'nervous'
    'ah don't be. You know you got it'

No I don't. I won't know til I open the envelope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭IfUSeekAmy

Dream last night.

Got 170points.

In a combination of 2B1s, 2C1s, and 2Ds.. however that worked.

also in the envelope was a letter telling me I shouldn't have done higher Irish.

oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

spurious wrote: »
    It's a long time now since I got mine (1980), but I can still remember the kind of empty feeling afterwards. You get so wound up the morning of the results and then 'bang' - that's it - they can't be changed now - that's what you got.

It's like - is this what it was all about? Then there is another bit of a buzz as the course offers come in, followed by lots of shouting upstairs on buses about what you and your friends got :) then college starts and it all seems a long way away.

Next year of course you get to watch the next crop go through the same.

We didn't go drinking in my day, mainly because we would have almost all been under 18 and wouldn't have been let in anywhere, but also we didn't go drinking to get drunk in those days - we went to the far more exciting 'Rocky II' in the Green cinema on Stephen's green - I think I was home by nine.
    In Dublin <18's probably wouldn't get in anywhere, in culchie-land however...

Rocky II though, what a movie. :D

IfUSeekAmy wrote: »
    Dream last night.

Got 170points.

also in the envelope was a letter telling me I shouldn't have done higher Irish.

oh dear.

Another dreamer, yeah? Ah Irish . . . It can screw it all up like

IfUSeekAmy wrote: »
    Dream last night.

Got 170points.

oh dear.

i had to laugh at the last bit, i have went 3 nights without a leaving cert related dream :P

i had to laugh at the last bit, i have went 3 nights without a leaving cert related dream :P

Harsh much?!

just watch a load of comedy movies before bed to get u in a good mood:P

just watch a load of comedy movies before bed to get u in a good mood:P

Recommended.

• Advertisement

Recommended.

i got my debs date sorted too so thats stress off my back too

Advertisement