Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

ak4 wrote: »
    i got my debs date sorted too so thats stress off my back too

Done since May

Bringing a friend, or the other half?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

Done since May

Bringing a friend, or the other half?

arent u organised......a friend who i have abit of a crush on :P wbu

arent u organised......a friend who i have abit of a crush on :P wbu

Haha I wish . . . I has no dress and it's in a week :/

A friend, and zero chance of development in the night

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

u better get the finger out then :L
    ehhh is that a good or bad thing ?

u better get the finger out then :L
    ehhh is that a good or bad thing ?

It's a good thing. It'd ruin things between us if we ever did like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

brian93 wrote: »
    Which map pack? My brother bought all 3, so I paid nothing but happily play away!

Its for modern warefare 2 (year later i know)..don't like black ops as much as i do modern warefare 2 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Don't worry about it I got my dress 2 days beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dan2407

aoife_bennett, this is a slightly bizarre question but are you a quadruplet?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Dan2407 wrote: »

Im sorry, but I laughed so much. Thank you.

Nope, I was a single birth . . . That is the genuine strangest thing I've ever been asked and if you would, I'd like you to justify it?
    Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    Im sorry, but I laughed so much. Thank you.
    You think YOU found it funny? I told my mam about it. Her genuine reply: thank fück you aren't, I couldn't be dealing with four of you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

I know the girl you're talking about :), same name!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Don't worry about it I got my dress 2 days beforehand.

*hi-five*

Debs was on the Tuesday, Monday was a bank holiday, obviously hardly any shops are open on Sundays... got the dress Saturday at about 6:00pm... :P
    From Autumn/Winter line, just in, so at least I knew no one else would have it (unless they are that much of a procrastinator!)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

You think YOU found it funny? I told my mam about it. Her genuine reply: thank fück you aren't, I couldn't be dealing with four of you!!

You can feel the love. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

just been reading through this thread. i did my leaving i think it was 2003 (blocked from memory :D). back then i had ONE choice on my CAO form (i know i know) which was a degree in early childhood education in DIT (keep the little sheets away from me now thank you please).

newho i did my lc in a youthreach, and on the morning of lc results we went in. the principle called us in one by one to her office to open our results (she already knew them). she basically MADE us open them there. i had planned to take mine home and open in the privacy of my bedroom, but she wouldn't let me leave.

fine, i opened them. they were CRAP. i had no way in heck gotten the points required for the course i set my heart on. i was there trying not to cry. she says am i happy. no says me. i didn't get what i needed. still trying not to cry. she says to me 'but look you did fantastic, you got a b1 in maths' (now i always thought i was crap at math). says me, bawling crying 'i couldn't give a flying fcuk if i got a b1 in math, i'd been happy with a d3 in the frickin thing if i got the marks i wanted in the others'. i was totally shaking crying. she tells me to basically cop on there was no need to be crying like that, tisn't the end of the world etc. i felt so humiliated, her making me open my results in front of her, doing so crap, and her speaking to me like that.

i legged it home (i think i was pretty nasty to my best friend that day when i came out of the office and he asked me how i did and why was i so upset - so sorry to him :o).

at home the mother is trying to console me, telling me there are other ways into the course i want, that it is not the end (other people told me this too) but i couldn't/didn't want to hear it. i was massively nasty to everyone for about a week, and very weepy.

after that i discovered i could do a level 5 in childcare in a FEC and progress to the degree from there. did the level 5 and realised i didn't want to do childcare :rolleyes:

going back to college this september as a 26yo mature student to do culinary arts.

you wonder why i ranted on like this. well 1, to show that it does seem the principal knowing your results is quite common, but mine was one of the worst (she had known the points i needed, so obviously knew i didn't get them, making her even nastier for what she did imho). but also 2, i know if you don't get what you want, it is hard to hear people try to console you, and tell you there are other routes. but you will come to realise that they are correct and there are, and you might even come to realise, like me, that you really didn't want that choice after all. i guess i am just trying to say keep your head up, and try not to rip your friends to shreds when they are trying to be supportive.

good luck to you all:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

hdowney wrote: »
    just been reading through this thread....
    good luck to you all:)

Thanks for the advice and fair play for going back to college! :) Good luck with it!

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    You can feel the love. :L

Haha she really does love me, my mam :)

And, panic over for me, baby arrived to me this morning :) just needs to be taken in and taken up (I'm obviously smaller than she thought I was!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cathal1992

This is my 2nd time around , did the LC last year got 440 points. Repeated this year for Medicine as last year I did diddly squat really.
    Worked like a dog all year , but my Hpat was only 163, which is up over 20 points on last year which means I need like 570+ to have any chance to get in. Nervous isn't the word at the moment !!!
    My stress levels are through the roof ! Just hope I get at least enough for Biomed in UCD :pac:

Cathal1992 wrote: »
    This is my 2nd time around , did the LC last year got 440 points. Repeated this year for Medicine as last year I did diddly squat really.
    Worked like a dog all year , but my Hpat was only 163, which is up over 20 points on last year which means I need like 570+ to have any chance to get in. Nervous isn't the word at the moment !!!
    My stress levels are through the roof ! Just hope I get at least enough for Biomed in UCD :pac:

Awh, good luck :) mine are completely through the roof too, I haven't had a proper nights sleep since the start of the month

Awh, good luck :) mine are completely through the roof too, I haven't had a proper nights sleep since the start of the month
    Cheers ! Its pretty amazing the way one sheet of paper can make you stressed as hell ! Sick of summer at this stage ! Just want to get into college and learn stuff ! I probably sound like the biggest nerd ever haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nah im with you on wanting College to start now..

• Advertisement

Cheers ! Its pretty amazing the way one sheet of paper can make you stressed as hell ! Sick of summer at this stage ! Just want to get into college and learn stuff ! I probably sound like the biggest nerd ever haha

I know . . . That's the one that stays with you for the whole summer like . . . Find it any easier second time round? Haha I wanna be in college for the parties and the boys (I sound like a bit of a slût)

Doirty slut

AdamD wrote: »
    Doirty slut

I'm probably the first to go to college looking for the shift

Shuddering at you using the word 'shift'

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

Totally agree with you.. nervous wreck here wouldnt mind but i dont need very high points for my course.. It's just that there are only twenty places on the course.. :( i have asked and they wont offer more than 20 :( so i am just hoping i have achieved enough to guarantee me a place.. I am also looking forward to starting college.. for a bit of everything, academic side, nights out and everything) Best of luck to you hope you get your points and course.. almost four days now... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paperpackages

I've made arrangements to walk to school Wednesday morning with my extremely stressed out friend. This should be interesting...

Haha you slut :P Just Kiddin ! Yeah at the start It was rough but once it got to about November I really loved it actually. It felt like I was doing great and my results were waaaaay better then the first time around. Really the only thing Ive hated about repeating is this wait for results :/

I kept girls away and out of the priority list for the year , i'll probably just go nuts in college now :P

I've made arrangements to walk to school Wednesday morning with my extremely stressed out friend. This should be interesting...

I aint goin near anyone until i have opened my results in private and totted up the results as i will be nervous meself and one of my friends at me over mock results... (won't be telling her my leaving ones thats for sure.. She is also one of those who is a stressball at the mo. ha) best of luck :)

Well remember your results are exactly that , yours. No one has to know em unless you want em to. I know a girl who still hasn't told anyone her results. All we know is she got over 500 because she got a prize for getting over that in school. What pissed me off most last results night was every drunk person walking up to you and hassling for results. I just told them I was happy , end of.

• Advertisement

Well remember your results are exactly that , yours. No one has to know em unless you want em to. I know a girl who still hasn't told anyone her results. All we know is she got over 500 because she got a prize for getting over that in school. What pissed me off most last results night was every drunk person walking up to you and hassling for results. I just told them I was happy , end of.

Ya i'll tell my family and people i completely trust but no way will i tell anyone who is jus a nosey git.. I got abuse before because i got an A1 in my jc mocks and people got nasty.. Teacher i had a the time tought it would be a good idea to show them my paper and how to answer. I find that people can be very critical of peope who do well so i'm gonna keep it quiet. That **** of people who are pissed and start hassling you looking for results would annoy the crap outta me.. Tbh i dont mind what happens as long as i pass maths.. Best of luck to you i hope you will have better luck this time round.. :)

Advertisement