Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I just want my results now tbh.
    Today I had so much spare time to think. And I ended up counting the amount of points I think I'll get. And that made me nervous.
    And now I'm a tad nervous. I just want them naaaooowww! ><

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

begsy wrote: »
    It's just that there are only twenty places on the course.. :( i have asked and they wont offer more than 20 :( so i am just hoping i have achieved enough to guarantee me a place..

I'm literally in the same boat! only 20 places on the course I want which is scaring the shít outa me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

i too, as someone has mentioned earlier, have counted up what i think i might get without being awful generous to myself....will be funny to compare to the real result next week :P i'm not nervous, stressed or losing sleep but i do really want to know what i got NOW!! i'm not worried as all i need are 2H C3s and 4 Ds and i got the results in my mocks which i did no study for so fingers crossed i'm fine again :) i got accepted to NCAD (art college) so i wont be counting points :D but of course i will count them up to know what i got haha!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

When will the first round of offers be coming out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

When will the first round of offers be coming out ?

Monday week, the 22nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

The offers are posted right? Or is it emailed or how do they do it nowadays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

I just want my results now tbh.
    Today I had so much spare time to think. And I ended up counting the amount of points I think I'll get. And that made me nervous.
    And now I'm a tad nervous. I just want them naaaooowww! ><

I've done the points thing. It is dangerous!!! Ranged from 35 points under to 60 points over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

I've done the points thing. It is dangerous!!! Ranged from 35 points under to 60 points over.

I did the points thing because I needed to have an idea, It turned out well enough, my very worst score will give me the points that my course currently is, then I think say I get that and my course rises oh ****! When i'm going in for the results i'll be anticipating my worst so they're won't be major disappointment on the day if the worst happens, but in the mean time positivity is keeping me sane!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kellogscoffey

joshrogan wrote: »
    The offers are posted right? Or is it emailed or how do they do it nowadays?

According to whatever CAO literature I read, "offers are posted to arrrive on Monday 22nd to coincide witht the online offers,"

or at least that was the jist of it.

I'm being extremely pessimistic whilst counting mine... Don't wanna set myself up for a fall!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

I'm beginning to have the terrifying dreams where it all goes wrong on results day and I get like 100 points below my mocks or come offers day I'm looking at a blank page. :(
    Funny thing is I was completely calm about doing the tests, no ridiculous dreams, but now... :( I just wish I could know now. Gonna walk up to school at like 10am I think, just try and calm myself down and listen to my iPod on the way or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i just want them at this stage so all the weird results dreams can stop :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Just something I learned this morning. Don't go for a run to "clear your mind", it just gives you time to think about it, which we REALLY don't need right now:rolleyes:

I keep watching movies to pass the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I want the results to hurry up so I can get excited for College, right now I have to control myself because 'nothing is certain' and ittl be so much more exciting when you know exactly where you are going :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

4 days! :eek:

Got a packet of muffins for my sister's birthday yesterday. The expiry date was August 17th (D-DAY!) and randomly beside this date it said 'B1'??? Personally i think the muffin man is sending me a sign that I got a B1 in biology (don't do home ec so biology with its one food chapter is the closest relationship with such muffin). I've said this already in another forum and you can call me KER-AZY but if I get that B1, i'll be freaked :P.. *runs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Got a packet of muffins for my sister's birthday yesterday. The expiry date was August 17th (D-DAY!) and randomly beside this date it said 'B1'??? Personally i think the muffin man is sending me a sign that I got a B1 in biology (don't do home ec so biology with its one food chapter is the closest relationship with such muffin). I've said this already in another forum and you can call me KER-AZY but if I get that B1, i'll be freaked :P.. *runs*

Oh Soccy..! :pac: Lols..

According to my brother because I want to bring my results home and open them in bed I'm lazy.. :confused: Kind of getting excited now for them, though I know I'll do crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Haha awh I love you . . . It's clearly an omen.

I can't wait to open my results and see just how bad I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i have been transported back to when i was waiting on my lc results. the panic that sets in when something is so close. last nite i discovered that registration for my college starts in exactly 3 weeks from yesterday :eek:

i was like WHAT. where did the summer go, i am not ready, scream, eep and all of those things. complete panic mode. can't stop thinking about it. no distractions working. anybody find any good distractions and want to lend them.

oh and good luck again

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Not excited or worried anymore..Just kinda bored of waiting.

• Advertisement

I bet most people who say they'll do bad here will end up with 450+...I would *think* that most people who come here have fear of results because they're aiming for high points, so I would anticipate that nobody here will get a bad leaving cert, just possibly not their dream course, which is of course the priority, did I get that A1 in biology for the sake of grade status is irrelevant, did I get the points for my course is relevant. Personally Biology was my favorite subject, I couldn't give a **** though if I got a B3 as long as I get the required points for my course...

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    Not excited or worried anymore..Just kinda bored of waiting.

Couldn't agree more, I feel the exact same now, I just don't care anymore what ever I get I get. Yes I regret somethings done in the course of the exam weeks but beyond that on a more positive note I did my best at the time and that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

I bet most people who say they'll do bad here will end up with 450+...I would *think* that most people who come here have fear of results because they're aiming for high points, so I would anticipate that nobody here will get a bad leaving cert, just possibly not their dream course, which is of course the priority, did I get that A1 in biology for the sake of grade status is irrelevant, did I get the points for my course is relevant. Personally Biology was my favorite subject, I couldn't give a **** though if I got a B3 as long as I get the required points for my course...

As long as I get my points, how I do in individual subjects will only be relevant for the sake of my own vanity :p

i do agree that points and entry requirements are the most important things so you actually get a course but sometimes people have a genuine passion for a subject and want to do well in it for themselves and might be a bit dissapointed they didn't get the B they could have in chemistry or the A they wanted in english

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

I bet most people who say they'll do bad here will end up with 450+...

I'm going to do absolutely awful....

Here's hoping your theories right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

i do agree that points and entry requirements are the most important things so you actually get a course but sometimes people have a genuine passion for a subject and want to do well in it for themselves and might be a bit dissapointed they didn't get the B they could have in chemistry or the A they wanted in english

I am weirdly obsessed with some of my subjects and not doing well in them- even if i got my course- would upset me:p

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

anyone going to open them after the night out ?:P least i can enjoy it then

luciemc wrote: »
    I am weirdly obsessed with some of my subjects and not doing well in them- even if i got my course- would upset me:p

same here, just one though if i didnt do really well in it i'd go mad

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I know a girl who says she is not going to open her results untill after she gets her offers on the 22nd!!! I couldnt wait that long knowing i could know what i got!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Locker10a wrote: »
    I know a girl who says she is not going to open her results untill after she gets her offers on the 22nd!!! I couldnt wait that long knowing i could know what i got!!!

The danger is if no offers come in.

Advertisement